Chapter 15

"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness."

- Desmond Tutu

Candice POW

Dream

I stepped inside the shower and under the warm water, instantly my body felt relaxed. I grabbed the shampoo that was in the stall and put some in my hair and started to massage my hair, getting it all foamy. When I had let the shampoo rinse off, I grabbed the shower cream and started to apply it to my body, it smelled of apples. While in my calming state, I thought I heard something from outside which broke me from my state of relaxation.

"Hello, is anybody there?" No response. I shrugged and continued to shower until the water was cold. I turned off the water and took my towel and wrapped it around my body. I stepped out of the shower stall but as soon as I did, someone spoke.

"Hello, Candice." I turned around and there stood the one person I did not want to encounter in such a vulnerable state. Zack was leaning against the bathroom wall by the entrance, a sinister smile plastered on his face.

"What the hell are you doing here, Zack?" I asked, trying to cover my body as much as possible, for more than one reasons. I didn't want him to see my naked body and I couldn't let him see the scars Michael had given me over the years.

"You have disobeyed me Candice, remember our deal? When I kept my part of the barging you did not, which now means you're going to have to pay for that mistake." His face got more serious and his smile faded. My head was on full spin, thinking of all the possible things he might do to me, considering I was just in a towel, I couldn't really defend myself if I had to.

"What are you going to do?" I was truly scared, he had that same expression Michael used to have before he beat me up. Normally I could handle Zack's threats and odd behaviors, but right there, when he looked like that and me being naked underneath the towel, I couldn't. I backed a few steppes, and he followed my move.

"I was thinking of doing the same thing I did to the other guy, you know push you down the chasm. But then I realized that it would be to crowdy, so I had to come up with something else. Then I saw you walk out of the dining hall  and back here, and I thought maybe that is my chance to get revenge. So, I followed you and here we are."

"So, it was you? You killed Ben?"

"Yes, well me and Rick."

"Why?"

"To get rid of the weak, he wouldn't have made it anyway so really I did him a favor."

"You think killing him was a favor? How cold are you?"

"Being dead is way better than being factionless, Candice. Everyone knows that. As for how cold I am, I was only thinking of what was best for the faction. We need strong and brave people not people like him, he was weak and never won a fight, he should have stayed in Erudite."

"You're even crazier than I thought."

"Well, maybe. But at least I don't sleep my way through initiation."

"No, you just kill people." I said sarcastically and Zack laughed. He stepped closer to me and I backed away but I hit the wall, I was trapped. He came closer and closer to me, so close I could feel his breath on my face.

"I'm only doing them a favor ,sweetheart. Now what should I do to you? What do you think, Rick?" Zack looked over his shoulder towards where Rick was leaning against the door case, smiling.