Martha

"Jada!" I knocked on her door.

"Jada! I tried opening it but it was locked.

I waited for about a minute until she opened the door. She looked exhausted and was still in her pajamas. On Saturdays, we always did our shopping for the house together. I figured since things were getting better, we'd go together today.

"Yes ma?" She asked yawning.

"Get up its time for us to go grocery shopping." I said.

"This early?" She wiped her eyes.

"Jada its one in the afternoon. Get up and get dressed."

She walked to the bathroom tiredly and closed the door behind her. All that girl did was sleep these days, I tell ya.

I shook my head and walked into her room. I began to fix her bed and pick a few things up. As I was cleaning I knocked her purse over and everything fell out of it. I rolled my eyes

"Shit." I said.

I bent down and began putting her things back into her purse. I sat her bag back on her nightstand and picked up the bottle that rolled underneath her bed. When I seen was it was, I had to do a double take. Prenatal vitamins?

Jada's pregnant?

I sat on the bed and looked at the date. Sure enough it was hers and prescribed to her no longer than two weeks ago, which was her last doctor's visit. As much as I didn't want to believe it, I had the evidence right in front of me.

I patiently waited on her to come back so we could discuss this. I was beyond upset. She walked into the door and I looked at her.

"What?" She asked.

"What this?" I asked raising up the bottle.

She couldn't speak or even look me directly in the eye. I could see tears welling up in her eyes and she wiped them quickly.

"When were you gonna tell me about this shit?" I yelled which startled her.

"I don't know. I didn't know what to do." Jada says before sitting on the bed.

"Have I thought you nothing?" I shook my head. "So tell me Jada, who's the baby for?"

"Eric." She says quietly.

"I told you to stay away from him!" I started. "Jada I'm not raising anymore babies. You're on your own." I threw the bottle on the bed and walked out the room.

She followed me. "Mama, I already told him. Eric told me that he would help to take care of it."

"You really think he loves you? All he wants you for is what you got between your legs and you just can't see that!"

"Mom he really cares about me. I promise. You can't see it." She said with tears falling from her eyes.

"I think you need to leave."

"What?" Jada asks

"You gotta leave. Since you think you grown, I'm sure you can handle yourself." I said.

I walked into my bedroom and slammed the door. I always believed that I was doing my best as a mother. Jada was supposed to turn out differently. I became a mother at fourteen and then again at nineteen. She wasn't supposed to make the same mistakes I did but here she was, pregnant.

How was I going to explain this to her father?

Kim

"Jay calm down. I can barely understand." I said standing by the phone in the kitchen.

I could barely understand what she was saying between her sobs and sniffling. Whatever happened, she seemed really distraught about it. I was trying my best to calm her down.

"Jay. Take some deeps breaths okay?" I said.

I could hear help doing so on the other end of the phone. She didn't need this much stress on her or the baby. I was worried about Jada. She was always the type to worry about everything.

"Okay." I started. "Now tell me what's going on."

"Kim I have nowhere to go. She's kicking me out! I can't believe this." She said.

"So she knows?" I asked.

"Yes. Kim I don't know what to do. Oh my gosh. She probably hates me."

"Don't think like that! She's just upset." I said.

She began crying again. Listen Jay. Get your things together. Let me call Eazy and we will come and get you. Okay?" I said.

"Okay." She says.

I hung up the phone and dialed Cube up. All of the guys were currently at Cube's house, so I was sure that Eric was with them. Well, at least I was hoping,

"What's up?" Cube says.

"Is Eazy still there? I need to speak to him. Like now. Jay is a mess right now." I said.

"Yo E." Cube said.

Eric got on the phone and I quickly explained what was going on. I told him to meet me at Jada's house as quick as he could.

"I'll be there in ten minutes." He said before hanging up.

Jada

As I was packing my things up, my father found his way into my room. I was hoping that he wasn't coming to make me feel worse than I already did. I just couldn't handle anymore right now.

"Where are you going to go?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"Anywhere but here." I said not bothering to face him.

"Jada you can't even take care of yourself, how are you gonna care for a baby? Where are you gonna stay? On the streets?"

"Obviously mama doesn't care." I shrugged. "And I can take care of myself just fine. Me and my baby will be fine."

I closed the suitcase and zipped it up before sitting it down on the floor. I continued to pack my things quickly. I was ready to get away from here and fast. After I was packing up as much as I could take, I grabbed my things and decided to wait for Kim outside.

I knew I looked like a pure fool. I was still in my pajamas, sitting outside on the curb. I was trying so hard not to cry right now. I knew I had Eric and I knew that Kim had my back, but my parents acted as if they could care less. I could've made better decisions, but what's done is done. I can't go back and change the past.

I felt a hand in shoulder and looked up. Kim sat down next to me and wrapped her arm around me. She didn't say anything, she just stayed there with me. I appreciated her so much. She was always one call away.

Soon. I spotted Eric's impala and stood up from the curb. He got out the car and walked over to me. Eric opened the door and made sure I was in before closing it. Kim hopped into the back seat while Eric put my things into the truck. After doing do, he got back in and we pulled away from my parents' house.