Chapter 13

"Jacky!!" I squealed and hugged him. He hugged me back. I pulled back and smiled. He smiled too. "Hello, Lovey." He smiled. I planted a kiss on his lips. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me back. I pulled back and he set me down. He looked down at my stomach. "Oh, Savannah." He mumbled. I rubbed my stomach. "I know. Is it bad? Is it noticeable?" I whispered. He nodded. "It's noticeable." He said.

My dad walked in. He looked at Jack and stopped. I took a deep breath. "Come on, Jack. Let's go." I said, loud enough for my dad to hear. I grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the house. "Savannah! Where you going?" My dad called from the door. I turned and looked at him. "I'm going to be with Jack for awhile." I said and kept walking. "Savannah! Come back!" He demanded.

I stopped in my tracks and looked at Jack. He just simply kissed my cheek and said, "I'll see ye later, lovey." And left. I took a deep breath and walked back to the house. "You happy now?" I asked my father as I stopped in front of him. "You know better than not to see him anymore." He said sternly. "Dad. Have you ever noticed my stomach?" I asked. He looked down and his eyes widened. "What?" He said shockingly. "Dad... I'm sorry. But I did it with Jack. This is his baby." I said with tears in my eyes.

He shook his head and chuckled. "No. It can't be." He said. I nodded. "Dad. I'm pregnant with Jack Sparrow's child..." I said. His eyes immediately filled with anger. "Dad..." Is the only thing I uttered before he stormed out of the house. I stood there, crying. "Dad!" I called out the door. I felt arms wrap around me and a pair of lips kiss my ear. "Sh.." I heard Benjamin coo. I turned in his arms and cried in his chest.  "Let it out." He whispers. I cry harder.

I tried to stop crying but couldn't. "Why does my dad hate him?" I sniffled. Benjamin sighed. "I don't know Savannah." He pulled back and wiped the tears from my eyes. "Maybe he's just afraid that Jack will take you away from him. To places he doesn't know about." He said. I bit my lip and nodded. "Maybe..." I whispered.

Minutes later dad stormed back into the house. I whimpered and held onto Benjamin. "Ben. I'd like to talk to Savannah alone, please." My dad said as he closed the front door. I looked up at Benjamin. "Please don't go." I whispered. "I'm sorry." He whispered back. He kissed my forehead and walked to another room.

I looked down and fiddled my fingers. "Savannah." My dad said. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes. "What you did was wrong. Very wrong." He said. "I'm sorry..." I said. "No. Sorry doesn't cut it." He said. I looked at him with shock. "After the baby is born, we're giving him or her up for adoption." He said as he slowly approached me. "What? I won't let you take my baby away from me, daddy." I said in protest. "Savannah, hush." He demanded. "When you go out and about in the town, you will have Ben, me, or our maid to walk with you. So you can't go see Jack. Lastly, you will be cleaning this house for a month." He said.

My mouth dropped. "But dad. That's not fair. It was a mistake. I'm only 16. You can't ground me like that!" I said. "I'm your father. I can ground you however I want." He said sternly. "But giving up my baby! Is that what you really want? Him or her is your first and probably only grandchild." I shouted. "Savannah. Don't be ridiculous. Of course the baby won't be my only grandchild." He chuckled. "One more big thing in your punishment is that you are going to marry Benjamin." He said.

I shook my head. "Never." I protested. "Then you can live out on the streets." He said as he gestured towards the door. I looked at the door then back to him. "Can I pack some things? And if I can, how much time do I have to pack and live on the streets?"