Chapter one

I woke up to sun shining through my window. I sat up and stretched. I slowly stood up and walked to it. I saw a young man about 20 walking into the house next door. I wonder who he is. I thought. I smiled as I watched him. I walked onto my balcony. "Hey you there. Boy. What is your name?" I yelled to him.

He looked up at me and squinted his eyes. "My name is Jack, love. What is yours?" He yelled back. "Savannah." I said. "What a beautiful name!" He said as he lightly jumped for joy. I smiled at his sweetness. "Why don't ye come down?" He asked. Ye? I thought. "Sure. Hold on." I said.

I changed into a light summer dress and ran down the stairs and out the door with no shoes on. I saw him. "Why hello Jack." I said. "Savannah. G'day." He said. His voice was deep and raspy and he had big brown eyes. "Are you just moving in?" I asked. "Yes. We are. My family and I." He said. "This has always been a beautiful house. I've asked father to move into it but he always refused." I sighed.

He looked at me. "Yes it is quite beautiful. But not as pretty as you." Jack smiled. I blushed slightly. "How old are you?" He asked. "16. You?" I asked. "I'm 22." He said. "Please. Come meet my parents, dear." He said.

He took my hand and led me inside. I saw an older woman and a man who was dressed as a pirate. "Hello Jacky." The man said. "Hello dad." Jack said. "This is my new acquaintance Savannah. She lives next door." Jack said. I smiled lightly. "It's nice to meet a friend of Jack's." The man said.

The woman and his dad left the room. I looked down and saw that our hands were still connected. The skin on his fingers was cracked and his hands were rough. "What kind of work would make your hands this way?" I asked as I lifted his hand. "I work on a boat, love." He said.

I looked up at his face. He had dark, tanned skin. I studied his eyes and his mustashe. "Do women ever say that your mustache tickles?" I asked. "No. But would you like to find out?" He smiled. I blushed crimson red. He smiled. He leaned in and kissed me.

Jack's pov

What am I doing? I thought. This lassy is too young for me. And I move a lot... So I don't want to hurt her. I thought. I pulled away but Savannah tried to keep kissing me. She opened her eyes and they were full of wonder and disappointment. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to disappoint ye." I said. Jack. Use proper English around girls! I thought.

She sighed as she let go of my hand. "I... Have to get home. My father must be up and wondering where I am.. It was nice meeting you, Jack." She said. She gave a simple smile and walked out. "Wait. Darlin'. When will I see you again?" I asked as I stopped her. "Well. You will see me every morning walking my dog. If you mean talking to one another... Well. I don't actually know." She said.

I huffed at her answer. "How about later? At 3 p.m.? Will that work?" I asked. She shook her head no. "I have piano lessons than." She said. "After that?" I asked. "Violin lessons." She sighed. "Ye seem very into music." I said.

Savannah's pov

"Ye seem very into music." Jack said. "Listen. I can probably skip my violin lesson. But don't count on it." I said. He smiled big. "Okay, darlin'." He said. I walked out and walked back to my house.