Chapter 10

Jack's pov

I held Savannah in my arms as she tried to sleep. She did fall asleep eventually but she be movin' around. I kissed her on the back of the neck as I tried fallin' asleep too. I felt her turn over. I looked down, but only to find her brown-hazel eyes staring back at me. "Why ye ain't asleep yet?" I asked as I sat up. "I can't sleep. I feel sick." She said. "That's why ye need sleep, lovey. Ye only 16 and ye still growin'." I said as I tucked her in. "Jacky no!" She whined as she undid the covers and stood up.

I sighed. "If ye aren't gonna sleep than I will." I said and laid down.

Savannah's pov

I looked towards Jack as he slowly drifted to sleep. I rubbed my stomach. It felt like it's gotten bigger over the last few days. I looked towards the mirror he had in his room and turned to my side. "I have some stomach disease or something." I said to myself. I looked towards Jack again and walked to the bed. I got in bed with him and laid close to him. "Are ye okay?" He asked as he turned towards me. I shook my head no as tears crawled down my face and I started to whimper. He sat up a little to look at me.

I pulled his hand towards me and set it on my stomach. His eyes widened. "Jack... I think I'm pregnant..." I said. He stood up and started to pace back and forth. "I'm sorry Jack." I said as I cried more. "I don't think I'd make a very good dad." He said. He sat back down on the bed and put his head in his hands. "Jacky. It's okay." I said as I knelt behind him and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. I kissed the side of his neck. He lifted his head back up. "Savannah." He sighed. I stopped and looked at him. "I'm takin' ye and the baby back home." He said.

More tears were streaming down my face as he said that. I wanted to protest but I know I couldn't because I couldn't speak because of the crying and I knew I couldn't change his mind this time. All I could do is just look at him and cry. He stood up and walked out on the deck. He closed the door behind him and locked it so I wouldn't be able to get out of the room. I pulled the covers up to my face and laid down. I want to stay with him. I want to get to know his crew. I can't stay home. My father would be upset I left and even more that now there's a very high chance of me carrying a child. Ben would be upset too. Even though I didn't want to marry him, I've been his friend for as long as I can remember and I knew his feelings for me were growing. He'd be devastated I didn't love him back and I loved a pirate.

My dad would hate me more for leaving with Jack. I felt the boat turn back around. I started to cry more. I can't leave Jack. I just can't. I started to fall asleep from crying. "I can't leave you Jacky... I love you..." I said. And with that, I fell asleep fully.