Chapter 8

The day Jack leaves

"Well I guess this is goodbye." I say to Jack, as he gets up from the bed. I wrap the blanket around my naked body as I stood up. "Ye know ye dad'll never let ye come with me." Jack said. "I'm sorry. I want to come." I said. He shook his head no. "Ye shouldn't, lovey. A boat isn't a place for a lady." Jack said as he put on his shirt and buttoned it. I decided to get dressed too. "Will you come back?" I asked. "I don't think so." He said as he turned to me. "So you're just going to leave me?" I asked with tears in my eyes. "Savannah..." He said. I ran down the stairs while crying. "Savannah wait." Jack said.

He caught up with me and wrapped his arms around me. "You shouldn't leave me. Not yet." I cried. "Darlin'. Please don't cry." He said. "Please don't leave me, Jack. I need you to stay with me. I love you. And I know you love me too." I said as I tried not to cry. He sighed. I looked at him and he was just staring at me. I wiggled out of his arms and walked back to my house. "Savannah." He called. I walked inside my house and closed and locked the door. I slid down the door while tears escaped my eyes. Why would he just leave me like this if he really loved me? I thought. Dad was right. Jack doesn't love me. He was just using me. How many others has he been using? I thought.

My dad came in and saw me crying. "See? What I'd tell you, darling?" My dad said as he knelt down in front of me and pulled me into him. "I'm so sorry daddy. You were right. I was a fool to ever love a man like him." I said as I sobbed into his shoulder. "I know it's hard for you Savannah. I can tell you really did love Jack." He said as he picked me up and set me in a chair. He rubbed my cheek and I slowly started to calm down. "Now. Ben is here. So you might want to go re-apply your makeup." He whispered. I nodded and walked up to my room.

Ben is the guy my dad wanted and still probably wants me to marry. He's 20 years old and filthy rich. I guess he's a nice guy but I don't know yet if I want to marry him. I still love Jack. I wash my face and re-apply my makeup. I walk downstairs to see my father and Ben talking. Ben looked towards me. "Hello miss Savannah." He said. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kissed the side of my head. "Hello Benjamin." I said as I just stood there, staring off into space. "Please, dear. Call me Ben." He said as he planted a kiss on my cheek. I shook my head no. "I like Benjamin more." I said as I looked up. He sighed and nodded. "Of.. Of course. Call me whatever you may wish." He said as he looked back to my dad.

There was a knock at the door. "I'll get it." I said slightly and walked to the door. I opened it and saw the mail guy there. "Here ya go Savannah." He smiled. "Thanks." I smiled back. "G'day." He said and walked off. I looked through the mail. 'Dad... Dad... Dad... Savannah?' I thought. I handed dad his mail as I stared at the envelope on mine. It was from Jack. The ends of my mouth tried to pull into a smile but I forced them not to so Benjamin and dad won't get suspicious.

"I'm going up to my room for a moment. I won't be long." I said. I walked up to my room and opened the letter.

Savannah,

Lovey. I'm sorry to be leavin' ye. But a boat is no place for a fine, young lady like ye. I'll be leaving tonight. So if ye'd like to come say goodbye, than I'll be glad to see ye and give ye a long, goodbye kiss. It's hard for me too. I love ye and always will.

I hope to see you tonight, lovey.

And if ye get any ideas of coming along, don't. Savvy?

With love,

Captain Jack Sparrow

I sigh as I look outside to see the sun setting. "I need to get going." I said. "And think of a plan of course. Jack knows I'm not just going to let him leave without me." I said. I grabbed a small suitcase and walked to my dad's room. I grabbed some of his shirts and trousers. "I'm sorry dad. But I just can't stay." I whispered. I wrote a note saying that I'm leaving for awhile. I slowly climbed the window and started running towards the port.

I stopped when I saw him talking to a guy with white and grey hair that's pulled in a ponytail. I looked around and saw a giant box. I hid my suitcase behind it. I saw that Jack was still talking to him. I smiled as I ran to him and jumped on his back. "Hey!" He yelled. I jumped off and got in front of him. His eyes widened and he started to smile. I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Hello, darlin'." He said. "Please don't leave me." I mumbled in his shoulder. He pulled back. "I have to go. I'm a pirate, lovey." He said and walked onto the boat.

"Hey." I called after him. He stopped and turned around. I sighed. "Where's my kiss?" I asked. He nodded and started walking back to me. "I did promise ye one, didn't I?" He asked as he smiled and wrapped my arms around my waist. I nodded. "Yes you did." I smiled. He leaned in and kissed me. I trailed my hand down his waist. I tried wiggling his gun free. He touched my hand. "I know you'd try to do that when you asked for a kiss, lovey." He said. "I just thought if I threatened your life, I could get you to take me with you." I said as I pulled back. He sighed. "What will you do if I don't take you?" He asked as he securely tucked his gun away.

I thought for a second. "I would commit suicide." I said. "Or I can use one of the other plans I thought of on the run here." I said. "Other plans?" He asked. I nodded. "What is one of them?" He asked as his eyes glistened and he stooped to my eye level. "I'd seduce you to take me with you." I said. He sighed. "Fine. Ye can come. But ye are stayin' in me cabin." He said. "Yay!" I said. I ran off to grab my suitcase. I grabbed it and ran back to him. "Ye brought a suitcase?" He asked as he led me on board. I nodded. "Full of shirts... And pants." I said, almost gagging at the word. He nodded.

He pulled me along to his cabin and set me on the bed. "Get changed, lovey. I think the others are starting to drool." He said and left. I sighed and set the suitcase on the bed. I opened it and pulled out a shirt and trousers. I slowly took of my dress and corset and dropped them to the floor. I took the shirt and put it on. I started to button it up. I looked down and saw that it was a little big around the waist but a bit tight around my breasts. "Shit." I mumbled. I put the trousers on and look around.

I walked to Jack's closet. I looked through it and found one of his jackets. I put it on and it was huge. "Will do." I said and walked out the door. "Get those sails up mates!" Jack yelled. I stood next to him and grabbed his hand. "That's mine." He said as he looked at my body. "If you want the guys to drool at me because the shirt I'm wearing is a little tight, than I'll take it off." I said. He shook his head no. "That's what I thought, Jack." I said. "Ready?" He asked. I nodded.

"Hoist the sail! Let's get this boat moving!" Jack said. The men frantically started working and the boat slowly started to move. I smiled as I planted a kiss on Jack's cheek. "I love ye." He said. "I love you too."