Chapter 12

A month later

Savannah's pov

My stomach has gotten a little bigger since Jack and I thought I was pregnant. I sighed and looked out my bedroom window. I wonder if my Jack will ever come back... I thought. I looked at the ring on my finger. I got teary eyed. I don't want to marry Ben... I want to marry Jacky. I thought.

There was a knock at my door. "Come in." I muttered and rubbed my eyes. Benjamin walked in and smiled. "Hello darling." He smiled. I stood up. I hid my stomach the best I could. He kissed my forehead and pushed my hair back. "Um... Benjamin... We need to talk." I gulped. I looked up into his eyes and saw fear. "Sure. Anything for you, darling." He led me to my bed and we both sat down.

I took a deep breath and tried to relax. "Benjamin... I'm sorry... I can't marry you. I'm in love with another. It's hard for me to tell you this because I know how much you love me. And I never wanted to hurt you. But I could never lie to you, either. So... I'm sorry..." I said and took off the ring. I handed it to him and he took it back. "It's okay Savannah. I understand." He sighed. I held his hand. "I'm so sorry, Ben." I sighed. "Don't worry about it." He flashed a smile and stood up. I stood up too.

He hugged me tight. I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him. He pulled back. "I wish you and your love the best of luck." He said with a smile. I nodded. "Thank you. Really." I sighed. He let go and started to walk to my door. "Ben..." I said. He looked at me. "Yes?" He asked. I bit my lip. "I would like to have one more kiss from you." I said. He nodded and walked to me. He leaned down and kissed me passionately. I lightly smiled into the kiss.

After about a minute, we pulled back. "Thank you." I said. He nodded. He flashed a smile before leaving. I heard his footsteps go down the stairs. I soon walked out of my room and down the stairs.

When I got down the stairs, there was a knock at the front door. "I got it." I yelled through the house. I walked to the door and opened it. I gasped and smiled.