Anticipation

Prompt: Troye and Connor are just best friends, but everybody seems to think different.

Then, one night at vidcon, everything changes.

Words: 1,402

Tronnor.

Everybody knows it. Everybody ships it. Fangirls live by it. Everybody claims its real.

But is it?

That's the problem. Troye and Connor are only best friends, yet the way they act around each other causes everyone to think that they're more than friends. Which isn't the case at all.

Yet.

__

Connor was on his way to LAX Thursday night to pick up Troye after is 19 hour flight. Connor sat at the arrival gate in anticipation, waiting for his long distance best friend (and slight crush) to come through those doors.

He began to bounce his knee as he saw the flight had landed. Many family members around him cheering as they were about to be reunited with their loved ones. Connor couldn't help but share the excitement with them, as he was about to see his best friend after 3 long months apart.

Sure, they skyped and texted each other every day, but it wasn't enough to fill the satisfaction of seeing each other face-to-face. In person.

The doors opened and people started to fill the baggage claim area, waiting for their bags to arrive. Connor began to grow nervous when he didn't see Troye. He felt like he was standing there for centuries waiting to see the familiar blue eyed boy walk through the door.

Once the last person filed out of the plane, Connor began to worry. Did Troye miss the flight? A I at the right gate? He began to pull out his phone, dialing the all too familiar number of Troye. Right as he was about the press the call button, he was startled by Troye wrapping his arms around Connor from behind.

"Troye!" Connor screeched, bending forward as he began to laugh. "You scared me"

"That was the plan" Troye countered back, unwrapping his arms from Connor so he could face Troye. "I missed you"

"I missed you too" Connor smiled, this time him being the one to wrap his arms around the other. The hug lasted longer than a platonic hug, but that's normal, right? After all they are best friends that live halfway around the world.

__

After their quick reunion at the airport, Connor helped Troye load his luggage into the trunk of his car as they made their way to Connor's apartment. Troye, being jet lagged as hell, ended up falling asleep on the way home. Connor smiled at the sleeping boy noting how fucking adorable he looked.

There definitely are perks of having a crush on your best friend.

__

The next day, Connor was up early per usual, as Troye was unsurprisingly still asleep. Connor decided the best option was to have Troye sleep in as much as possible, that way he was well rested for Vidcon.

Connor discreetly packed Troyes suitcase, leaving out a pair of clothes for him to wear today. He loaded the trunk with their luggage and even packed a mini bag full of snacks for the ride there (even though the drive to Vidcon was just under an hour).

After everything was all set and ready to go, Connor woke up Troye and the two best friends were on their way.

__

"Troye! Connor!" Zoe screeched, running towards the pair in the lobby. "It's so good to see you!"

"Hi Zo!" Troye smiled, wrapping her in a hug.