Chapter Sixteen

The next morning Niall's alarm on his cell went off waking him up. Before he could even get up to stretch Loki was on his bed kissing over his face. "Loki..." He laughed at the dog and used his hands to gently push him back. "Don't tell anyone but I think I'll miss that while I'm away." He told the pup.

Not long later he was up and finishing packing the few things he still needed.Liam was awake and had let Loki out already. He was now packing up the things Andy would need for him. "Don't forget your pills Ni." Liam felt the need to call. He couldn't help it. It was just natural for him.

"Thanks!" A voice came back quickly. Niall almost had forgotten to pack them. Good thing Liam was great at staying on him about the medicine. He finished putting one or two more things in his carry on and zipped up his bags and carried them to the door. "You two ready?" Niall asked Liam as he appeared in the room with his own bags. "Yeah, are we going to eat now or on the flight?" Liam asked unsure.

"I don't know. We have a little time. Probably should grab a little something." Niall suggested. Liam agreed and they quickly shared a package of pop tarts.

"Do you have Loki's stuff ready?" Niall asked.

Liam nodded, "Got it all sorted. Did you wanna hold him while we drive? I usually have him in the crate if I have take him somewhere but he hates it and I can't bear to listen to him cry and whine." He asked.

Niall quickly nodded, "I'd love to. He's my very best mate, wouldn't wanna cause him any stress."

"Very best mate? Are you sure I haven't been replaced?" Liam asked.

Niall laughed, "I think you two are tied for first place. But you're a packaged deal, so it's an indefinite tie." He smile.

Liam grinned and looked down at Loki who looked sad, "Aww, Loki...Don't be sad. I'll be home soon. I promise. Just a few days this time and I'll be back for you. I'm coming back this time, I swear." He said leaning down to pet the puppy.

Loki happily accepted Liam's petting but then he turned and started to jump up on Niall's legs.

Niall leaned down and picked him up, "We'll be back. Just a few days. I'll take good care of Daddy. I promise." He smiled and kissed the dog's head.

"You'll take care of me?" Liam asked sounding a little surprised.

"You're always taking of me and when you're around my family, like the whole family extended family you'll need it." He winked a little causing Liam to laugh a little.

They both then looked at the time and decided it was time to go and headed off to Andy's.

In the car ride, Loki sat curled on Niall's lap while he pet him the entire time.

"You spoil him." Liam smiled.

"I've seen all the toys he's got. I just give him lots of love...You're the one that spoils him." Niall playfully argued.

Liam's smile turned into a grin, "That is true." He said as they reached Andy's house.

The three stood talking for a little while, not too long of course. Andy was rather impressed with how much Loki seemed to just love Niall. The poor little pooch whimpered when they both left and it made Liam feel a bit poorly.

"He's like your child." Niall commented.

"Of course, my parents refer to me as his daddy." Liam explained as they drove towards the airport.

"You'll be a great dad someday." Niall complimented and Liam smiled. "I'll be a better one though."

"Hey!" Liam playful shouted. Niall laughed.