Party (part 2)

They danced and drank for hours. Annabelle had forgotten to text Phil when she had gotten there. She had also forgotten about school the next day. And the radio.

It was nearly midnight and some people started to leave. Annabelle and Josh were sat at the end of the garden.
"Brown eyes you look very beautiful tonight."
"Thanks you look great too." She had calmed down a bit but was still drunk. After five glasses of wine Josh made her drink ten glasses of water.
"Do you want me to walk you home?"
"Only of you don't mind."
"Why would I ask if I did?"
"Good point."

Josh walked her home after she had said goodbye to her friends. It wasn't far only about five minutes. It was pitch black with a few stars to brighten their path. The lampposts had turned off.
"So brown eyes you were adopted?"
"Yeah. I love my dads, I don't call them dad but they don't mind. They know my story."
"Can I tell you something? No one else knows even my friends."
"Of course. I won't tell anyone."
"I was adopted too. My parents died when I was five. I was in an orphanage for a year. This woman called Mrs Dunton found me a family. My new mum and dad are great and they love me like their own."
"Mrs Dunton?"
"Yeah you know her?"
"Yeah she worked at the orphanage I was at till a couple of months ago."
"We went to the same orphanage and never knew."
"Yeah we did. Can I tell you something?"
"Yes you can."
"Everyone in this story is adopted."
"Yeah they are."

They reached Annabelle's house and said goodbye.
"Can I have your number?"
"Sure." Annabelle got her phone out and gave him her number.
"I'll text you when I get home so then you can save my number."
"Ok. Did you save me as brown eyes?"
"Yeah of course I did."