a week later

Today was the first day that Annabelle was going to take the train to school on her own. She enjoyed school, the questions still came but she was happy to answer them. She caught up with most of her subjects, she still needed help with maths but Dan helped her and she was going to have help after school on a Thursday till she was happy with what they were doing. Dan gave her lunch and Phil gave her some money for the train.

"We don't mind if you go out with friends after school but just make sure you are home for six. And please text us when you get on the train and get to school." Dan told her as she pulled her shoes on.

"Also let us know if you are going out." Phil pulled her in a hug and said goodbye.

"Ok bye guys see you later."

Annabelle left for the station and when she got there she brought tickets. She got on the train and found a seat.

"Annabelle?" Someone called.

Annabelle looked up and saw Hannah. Hannah was one of Ellie's friends and had become Annabelle's friend when she started.

"Hannah I didn't know you got the train."

"I normally don't. My aunt drives me but my cousin is ill so she has to look after him. The only other way to school is by train."

They spoke for the whole journey and when they got off the train they saw Ellie, Madelyn, Chloe and Riley standing outside waiting for them.

"Hannah since when did you get the train?" Chloe asked

"George is ill so my aunt is looking after him."

"Why don't your parents bring you again?" Madelyn asked as they started to walk towards the school.

"My mum and dad work from five to seven during the week so my aunt takes me and picks me up."

"Oh yeah I remember now."

"You still up for the high street after school?" Ellie asked

"Yeah. Hey Annabelle why don't you join us. That's if your dad's will let you." Hannah said

"You say like they never let me go out."

"That's because last week you were never allowed."

"Only because it was my first week. Yeah I would like to come they said I could go out but only if i'm home for six."

"Ok we will make sure you are on the half five train home."

School was boring and not much happened. Annabelle was getting better at maths and could nearly do what everyone else could do at a slower pace. The teacher was a lot of help and so was even some of her class mates. She did PE for the first time and enjoyed playing netball with all of her friends and some other girls.

After school the six of them walked out of school and towards the high street which was a five minute walk. Annabelle text Dan telling him what she was doing then text Phil because he was more likely to reply to her. They walked around and went into Starbucks and got drinks. The other five got coffees and Annabelle got a hot chocolate and didn't care and the strange looks she got off of the worker and her friends. They walked around and Madelyn asked if they could go into the dress shop. They walked inside and started to look at the dresses.

"This is the one I want for prom next year." Madelyn told them holding up a long purple dress with a lot of sparkles along the top and onto the shot sleeves.

"That is beautiful how much is it?" Ellie asked.

Madelyn looked at the price "£300."

"The one my mum is ordering is £350."

"I can't wait for prom." Chloe said.

"When is prom?" Annabelle asked

"At the end of year 11 after all of our exams." Riley said.

"Exams can't deal with them."

"You will do fine."

"The last time I went to school was when I was nine. The orphanage tried to teach me stuff but I never learnt anything."

At five they made their way back to the station.

"Bye." Annabelle and Hannah said to the others as they got on the half five train back home.

Ten minutes later Annabelle got off the train and walked back home. She knocked on he door and Dan opened it. She greeted him and put her bag in her room.

"Annabelle we are leaving for the radio show soon. You still wanna come?" Phil said placing a pizza on the dinning table.

"Yeah I want to come. It's been three months now, two radio shows, 12 live shows each and eight of my videos. I need to go." Annabelle said taking a slice.

"12 live shows in three months wow." Dan pointed out taking some pizza.

"Get changed and we can leave." Phil said.

"When i'm finished eating." Annabelle took another piece of pizza and ate it.