chapter forty eight

"Give me another!"

"Reign, that's your fifth one. I don't even know how you have any pee left in you," Noel replied, throwing away yet another positive pregnancy test.

I looked down at my cream colored carpet placed beneath my toilet. Though there were multiple positive tests I just couldn't fathom that this was real. It has to be some mistake. I couldn't be pregnant. I was on the pill the whole time. Sure, we didn't use condoms every single time, but who did?

"Noel, just give me another one."

Noel sighed before ripping open another box. I grabbed another water bottle and began draining it in seconds. I've been through at least three bottles now, trying to fill my bladder up.

"This is your last one," Noel said, handing me the stick. She looked concerned as she saw me chug another water bottle.

"If it's positive I'm suing the company," I told her, waiting for my body to feel the urge to pee again. "There's no way I can get six pluses."

"If you're pregnant you can."

"I'm not pregnant!" I shrieked, glaring at her. Noel raised an eyebrow, knowing I was full of shit. "I can't be."

"It's been three months since you've had your last period. Explain that and all the plus's," she retorted, leaning against the back of the bathroom sink.

As I peed on the last stick before waiting a couple of seconds, anticipating for the sign to change. My heart sank as I saw the plus sign show up once again. Noel leaned over my shoulder, looking at the sign, before sighing.

"You're pregnant Reign."

I shook my head. "This wasn't supposed to happen."

Noel bit her lip. "What are you going to do? What are you going to tell Tobias? Wait, is it even Tobias's?"

I leaned my head down, confused myself. What was I going to? More important how was Tobias going to act? Does he even want to have a child? Would he want to spend his last months pondering what he could've had? Should I even tell him?

"It's Tobias's. If there's one thing I'm sure of it's that."

~*~

My nerves were all over the place as I opened the door to the bar I first met Tobias at. I could feel my body literally shake as I scanned the bar, looking for a familiar tousled brown hair boy with bright hazel eyes. I saw him, sitting in the bar stool where he once sat before so many months ago, three months ago to be exact. He grinned as he saw me, his body instantly sitting up straight as I walked towards him.

"Hey," I shakily said, walking right next to his stool. I could see a bear bottle placed in front of him and I could tell he's been drinking.

"Reign," Tobias breathed, pulling me into a hug. I stood there, frozen, as his strong arms embraced me. "I was so glad when you called. I was over here mellowing in grief."

The lopsided grin of his face made me know that he was already tipsy. Did I really want to tell him he was going to be a father while he was intoxicated? Should I even carry on with this? I was already here, no backing out now.

"Are you supposed to be drinking in the condition you are in?" I asked, frowning as I slid into my own stool. "Isn't that bad for you?"

"Reign, chillax," Tobias slurred. "Nothing I do is going to make a difference anymore. I'm d-y-i-n-g. Dying."

I scrunched up my nose at his behavior, but my heart throbbed at the same time. I didn't like how he gave up all hope. Would he even want to get better at this point?