Final Assembly

Tony's POV

Rhodey landed on my tower next to me only a few minutes after I got home.

"Well, it's about time," I said, my helmet flipping above my face. "Nobody else decided to join us?"

"Not at the time being."

"Not even Bruce?" I frowned, very disappointed. Bruce and Rhodey are my best friends. How could Bruce not side with me?

"He didn't want to get involved with anything between the team, for safety reasons."

"Oh," I said, still frowning. "What about Thor?"

"Leaving for Asgard," Rhodey said, and I nodded.

"Right on schedule..."

"Hey boys," a female's voice said behind me. I turned around to see Natasha herself standing on top of Stark Tower with us.

"Natasha?" Rhodey asked, confused.

"Something wrong?"

"You aren't on Clint's team?"

"I don't want any more secrets with the government, it will only cause trouble. I'm with you on the whole Superhero Registration Act...besides, the Winter Soldier can't be trusted and that's a fact. Even if he isn't who we think he is...he isn't who Steve thinks he is, either. He's too broken. He'll kill them all."

"Well, then...welcome to Team Tony," I said, and she smirked.

"So...Maximoffs are staying on Steve's side, huh?"

"Yeah, they are."

"But I will be joining you, Mr. Stark. If you will accept me, that is." I turned around again, my back to Natasha, to see Vision hovering above the ground beside Rhodey.

"Yes, of course, kiddo, no need to stay in the sky, come down here." He landed softly, cape flowing behind him.

"Why did you refer to me as 'kiddo?'"

"Cause you're sort of my son...I mean, I created you..."

"It seems there were many people involved in my creation."

"But can I call you kiddo?"

"I'd rather you not."

"Okay, so, what do I call you?"

"Vision, like everyone else does." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, fine. Vision. Whatever. Anyone else coming to join me?" I looked around the skies. "Nobody?" Nothing. "Okay. Well, at least we have more than just me now."

"Did-did you leave Wanda, Vision?" Natasha asked, and the android looked at her puzzledly.

"Captain America told us it was our own opinion. It was my opinion to have peace and join Tony's side. As for Wanda, she, her brother, and her soon to be sister-in-law wish to remain with their family."

"And...you're okay with just leaving her like that?" Rhodey asked.

"I don't see why I wouldn't be."

"She'll be devastated," Natasha muttered under her breath, and I scowled, looking down.

"The other team doesn't matter anymore, okay? Don't plan on seeing them unless it's on the battlefield."

"You aren't serious about it being violent, are you, Tony?" Vision asked, head cocked to the side slightly.

"I am," I said, "Steve and I both are. He needs to take a hint, learn a lesson. He's going to get killed if he doesn't. I wouldn't be surprised if he's held at bullet point at any second."

"The question is, will you be the shooter?"

"I don't know if that's a question I can answer," I said simply. "I do know that anyone who stands in the path of the bullet will be shot. If he gets in the way..."

"We'll follow your lead, Tony," Rhodey said, and I smiled.

"Now that's what I wanted to hear."

~finish~

So you have gotten this far and reached the end of You Didn't See That Coming. The book is over, but the story is not.

I know, many of you came for a ClintxPietro fluffy story...that didn't really happen in this one, and I am sorry. But who is to say it won't happen in the next??

Here is a sneak - peek at Waging War- A Hawksilver Sequel, which will come out after I have seen Civil War.

"I'm not sure I can deal with this, that I can love you any more, Clint. I want a divorce."

"Crossbones has killed my wife-to-be. And now Tony has taken his fire at Team Cap, and Bucky has taken one of his. It is time Team Pietro assembled to put an end to all of this."

"Wanda...since when could you fly?"

"He's my friend."

"So was I."

"Who is this kid?"

"What's with the mask, kid?"

"At least we still have each other."

"They share more than just a friendship."

"This can't be happening."

"We are gathered today to reflect on the lives of those lost in the Avengers Civil War..."

"I'm going to miss him so, so much," Wanda said in barely a whisper.

"So will I," said....

That is all the clues you get. Until May,

~AK~