Soulthieves Part 4

Wanda's POV

We were all standing quietly in Clint's house on the farm. We had decided to have the doctors come and treat Lila here like they had with Pietro because we couldn't risk Deathstone showing up here while Lila was hurt. Pietro was still gone, who-knows-where, and I couldn't help but worry.

"...and it looks like Lila will be okay," the doctor said, "It was a deep wound, but we've taken care of it as much as we can for now. Keep changing the bandages, I'll be back in two days to check on her, but you can call me if anything at all is wrong. Okay?"

"Thank you," Laura said, and he left. I looked down at the floor sadly.

"How could this have happened?" I whispered.

"This isn't your fault, Wanda," Laura put her hand on my shoulder. "It isn't Pietro's either. Did he...say where he was going?" I shook my head.

"He didn't even think, he just ran," I said quietly. "And I have no clue where he went. There isn't a single place he'd feel more comfortable than here, he would have ran here, I thought."

"There's nowhere else?" Laura asked sadly, and I shook my head again. "Sorry. This isn't his fault. He should know that."

"I need a minute," I muttered, walking up into the guest room I had slept in for almost an entire year. I curled up on the recliner I'd used as a bed and tried to calm myself down, but it wasn't quite going my way. Things around me started to rise and break and swirl with red magic. Someone knocked on my door.

"Wanda? You okay?" Clint asked.

"Go away!" I roared, and the door flew open with my magic and hit Clint in the face.

"Woah, Jesus!" Clint yelled, getting up off the ground and staring at me. "Woah, you okay?"

"I am not okay!" I screamed, "He disappeared! And don't you go on about how he shouldn't have been so careless, it wasn't his fault, he thought he was dealing with March!"

"I know it wasn't Pietro's fault that Lila's hurt," he said, "Now, I only came up here for your comfort, and if you don't want it I can leave you alone. If that's what you want, I'll leave you alone..."

"Then go," I said, sobbing, "poor Lila...this never should have happened."

"What?" Clint asked, "What never should have happened?"

"HYDRA, Ultron. Pietro almost dying. Becoming Avengers. Sparing Deathstone's life the first time around, and then hurting Lila in return."

"On accident," Clint reminded me.

"Why are you standing up for me?" I asked, exhausted. "It's all true. Pietro and I should never have done any of these things, they all had consequences for not only ourselves but everyone else on the team. And it's all my fault that he and I got into this mess in the first place!"

"Wanda," he said, coming towards me.

"I told you to go!"

"Hear me out, please," Clint said, sitting down next to me and wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "You and your brother have been the two things keeping the team going these past few missions. Not only for skill, but for the feeling of family. We are honored to have you on the team. And everything everyone does causes consequences, for themselves and for others. Believe me, you two are not at fault here or anywhere. Remember my speech a year ago, in Sokovia?" I sniffled.

"Yes."

"Well, think about that. Stay in here and you're good, but if you step out that door you're an Avenger." He let go of me and walked away.

Angrily, I punched and broke the window. Why does he have to be so nice? I hate him and everyone on this team. I hate Tony because he killed my parents. I hate Steve because he's too strict. I hate Thor because he thinks he can do everything. I hate Natasha because she's letting her feelings towards Bruce cloud her judgement on whether he's safe or not. I hate Bruce for obvious reasons. Clint, because he pretends to be my father and although I love him like one, he's just another Avenger at the end of the day. Vision, because I love him so much but I can never have a future with him. Sam, because he's blind towards the fact that I have emotions. Rhodey, because he's too much like Stark. And finally Pietro.

I hate Pietro so much, for being my entire life, and for running off without saying where he was going.

I threw a shoe out the broken window, rage quitting. A vase on a shelf shattered. The entire house started rumbling like an earthquake was happening.

"Wanda?" Steve asked, running up the stairs. "Is this...you?"

"Who else would it be?" I said through gritted teeth.

"...Well, why don't you knock it off?"

"Get out of here, Captain."

"Not until you stop shaking the house. Calm down, it's not that big a deal-"

"What if he does something stupid in all his guilt?" I asked quietly, "What will we do if he hurts...or kills himself...over something this small?"

"He wouldn't," Steve said, his voice gentling, "He's probably just run off to get some time alone. He'll be back, safe and sound. Now, please, Wanda. Nathaniel's crying, he's scared the house is gonna break. Please stop shaking the house?" I took a deep breath and calmed myself down, and the house stopped shuddering and shaking. "Thank you," he said, relieved, and he held out his hand. "Let's go downstairs," he said. I ran downstairs, past his open hand, and ran into Vision's arms.

"Wanda, are you alright?" He asked.

"I'm okay now," I said, kissing him passionately on the lips. He stepped back a little in surprise, but then kissed me back softly.

"Oh, HE-llo," Tony said, and we broke the kiss to look up. "Sorry. Please continue, don't mind me." He walked away, but then stopped, turned and said, "So if you have kids..."

"Tony!" We both yelled, laughing a little. He put his arms up in the air and walked away, chuckling.

A/N: Soulthieves is over! Make sure to keep the comments coming. Yes, Pietro will still be missing for a few chapters, so I will try to write your chosen events around him. (Which will be difficult...time to go full-out Wanda for a few chapters.) thank you for reading!