Deathstone Part 5

Clint's POV

On the flight back, worried thoughts went through my mind.

"But she's still alive," Clint said.

"Y-yes, she is," Pietro said shakily, "She is also not conscious. And she never will be again. Your point is?" I bit my lip, fighting tears. After a moment of silence, Pietro spoke up. "Clint?"

"Yes, kid," I asked patiently.

"Do you...do you think it's impossible for two people to be the same person?" I looked back at him, who looked like a scared child.

"...That depends on what you mean...explain."

"Like...if one person gets shot, the other feels it? If one person dies...the other feels dead?" I took a deep breath, my throat all choked up.

"Why are you asking me this?"

"Because Wanda once told me that she felt the bullets go through her, too," he said in a barely audible voice.

"Friday, auto pilot," I muttered, getting out of the seat and sitting down next to Pietro, who was facing Wanda's unconscious yet still alive body. "Do you...think Deathstone was being honest? Saying she had to 'put her mind to sleep?'" Pietro shook his head, fighting tears.

"She had her reasons to be angry, but she wouldn't kill a brilliant mind like Wanda's. All she did was shut down her powers."

"Why do you ask, then? Wanda will be fine. We'll get help, all we have to do is get back to Avengers Tower." I looked at Pietro. "Are you sure her powers are gone?"

"I am," Pietro said, "And I do believe Wanda was right about she and I, because I lost my superspeed."

A/N: (MUST READ!) DUN-DUN-DUN! CLIFFHANGER! I hope you all enjoyed Deathstone. This is the final chapter of it. But the story isn't over yet. The next chapter will be finishing off this mini-plot. After that, keep your comments going! I would love to write imagines and take requests. Thank you!