Deathstone Part I

Mini plot requested by @Save-Dean-Winchester

Clint's POV

"...now, Cap's Kooky Quartet is assigned to this new project," Hill told all the Avengers, and Pietro, Wanda, and I groaned and rolled our eyes.

"I did not agree to this name," Pietro said. The media had started referring to me, Steve, and the twins as Cap's Kooky Quartet. It drove us crazy.

"Not Steve, though. Steve's on another mission," Hill said. "Just you three."

"What are we doing?" Wanda asked.

"We have a lead on another enhanced," Hill said. "Someone the media calls Deathstone."

"Abilities?" I asked.

"Nobody knows for sure. When she comes near people, this stone around her neck glows and everyone within a certain range dies. Thus the name."

"This is a female?" Pietro asked, raising his eyebrows. He and Wanda glanced at each other.

"Correct," Hill said. "Nobody knows much about what she looks like, except that her hair is long, black, and wavy, and her skin is really pale. Like, dead pale. We have a lead on where she is, we think she's somewhere near Chicago, in the suburbs. Some place called Elisville."

"Is she involved with HYDRA?" Wanda muttered.

"We can assume so, because she's very similar to the two of you. However, we have no real proof, not even a real identity."

"When do we head out?" I asked.

"As soon as possible."

"Can Nat come?"

"No, she and Tony are searching for Banner all week, remember?" Hill said.

"Right," I muttered. "Okay. I'm ready to leave whenever you two are," I told the twins.

"Just a minute, Pietro and I need to talk," Wanda said, and with a nod, Hill and I left them alone.

This story will continue for a few chapters. Keep the comments going, though, I will get to them soon enough.