Soulthieves Part I

Pietro's POV

"So, we came here today to talk about an...uh, a touchy subject. Sorry." Steve told all of us Avengers at the table, running a hand through his hair. "So a lot of you know a few months ago, Clint and the twins went on a mission to stop an enhanced by the name of Deathstone." I sat up in my seat uncomfortably, and Wanda closed her eyes hearing the name.

"No," Clint said, "Don't put them back on the mission. It's not fair."

"-you didn't even hear what I was going to say," Steve said with a frown.

"I've heard enough," Clint said briskly, "I can speak for the twins and say that they have, too. Nobody's facing Deathstone, not after what happened last time. You should know that by now."

"That's not what I was offering, Clint, now please listen," Steve said. Bruce rested his chin on his fists, propping his head upright.

"Who is this Deathstone you're talking about?" He asked.

"Long ago, I considered March a friend," Wanda said. "We both did..."

"March was a fourteen year old girl who worked with HYDRA. If I remember correctly, Strucker and a group of others practically raised her. Once we left HYDRA, before Strucker was killed, he experimented on March the way he had on Wanda and I," I told the Avengers, "She was vengeful, for leaving her. She used her pain and became a ruthless soul sucker, trapping the consciousnesses of anyone in her path...she had this necklace. It was a dark, a,most black, green stone. It and her eyes both glowed when she was killing. She tried to kill Wanda...it didn't end very well."

"You lost your powers," Thor said, "Both of you."

"Deathstone is beyond human enhancement, she's using Chitauri technology and leaving people in a restless state." Everyone looked down solemnly. I turned to Steve. "What about Deathstone? Has she returned to the radar?"

"I'm afraid so, and she's sent a message," Steve said grimly, "One I think that all of you should see. Let me start by saying....I am sure we're going to get through this and rescue her."

"Who?" Thor said, standing up. Steve clicked something and the holographic screen came up; a video of March sitting beside an unconscious Maria Hill.

"Hello, Avengers," she said in the same thick accent I knew her to have, "Long time no see. I simply wanted you to know that I am on the verge of victory. Sure, I was unable to, uh, capture you last time we met, Pietro and Wanda. But I've gotten one step closer. This agent here, Hill, she is one of the highest ranking agents of SHIELD. I'll tell you, it was difficult to take this one's mind. It was difficult to terminate such a powerful brain. But you see, she is not the only. Helen Cho, I've taken the liberty of killing her mind as well. And basically any important members of SHIELD. None were easy to take, and do you know why? Because they were humans. I am looking forward to absorbing your abilities, because in case you haven't noticed, I can control them once I've taken them. Thank you, Wanda, Pietro...for making me unstoppable. That is all." The video ended, and my fists clenched angrily.

"No," I muttered, "That isn't possible."

"Wait, so she's a kid?" Rhodey asked.

"You guys don't understand, she took Wanda and I's abilities, she has super speed now," I said, "This is very, very bad. Not to mention magic. She can cast a spell and you wouldn't even see her coming. Pun not intended," I added when Clint snorted.

"We cannot give up hope," Vision said, grasping Wanda's hand. "Certainly Deathstone will be easy to defeat compared to Ultron."

"Yeah, or not," Sam said, "Didn't Pietro just say this crazy psycho chick has stolen like, a lot of superhuman abilities? I mean, she can have a lot more than just magic and speed."