Madness Part I

Wanda's POV

I woke up with a gasp of air to find myself strapped down tightly with rope on a metal operation table. I was wearing brown clothes that looked like a prisoner's. The wall of the room were unfinished and cold looking, as if I were in a sewer, and there was a bright, blinding light hanging above me. It teetered back and forth making a creaking noise, as if it were about to fall. Creak....creak....creak... Every second, every sound I heard, I cringed at. I furrowed my brows and closed my eyes, making a pained expression, breathing deeply. The sound of the door opening filled my mind and ears, echoing and creaking just as the light was, and it sounded like a scream inside my brain.

"Please, no more," I croaked, my throat raw from screaming last night. "You've given me my powers, isn't that enough?"

"Not nearly," Baron von Strucker said, "...how curious, so few made it this far, so few..."

"What did you say?" I asked, barely able to make out the words.

"Nothing, nothing...but nevermind. You won't be able to fight it anyways, all bound down like that. It is funny that the one with chaos magic is the most in control...it is time we changed that." I winced as he injected another needle into my arm and I felt an icy liquid travel through my veins. I shivered.

"Is he okay?" I asked. At this point, I don't even know if my brother was alive. Strucker said that many had died, and little have lived, but he has said nothing about my brother specifically.

"It is nothing that matters to you, child."

"I am not a child," I said through gritted teeth, at Strucker chuckled.

"You are an angry one, aren't you? Not as angry as the other, but more so that I expected when I first saw you. The quiet Sokovian girl who cowered behind her tower of a twin brother. Yes, alright, he is alive and murderously angry. We had to bind him down with metal rods and electric handcuffs..."

"Let me see him," I begged.

"I am afraid nobody is allowed to come near Pietro Maximoff anytime soon," Strucker said.

"Let me see him," I repeated, getting angry. "Bring me to him, or him to me, I do not care, let me see my brother-"

"Wanda," Strucker said, stepping back.

"Do not call me that! Do not call me Wanda!" I screamed, "You do not get to call me by my first name! Let me see my brother!" A strange, glowy sort of sound filled the room. Strucker was staring at me with awe. I wasn't bound down anymore, in fact, I was laying on a floating operating table. In shock, I scurried to my feet and jumped off the table, and looked down at my hands. They were glowing with a red sort of force, energy...magic. "Chaos magic," I whispered the two uncomprehendable words Strucker had used to describe me. "Is this..."

"You? Yes." He guessed.

"Me?" I finished the question, and he nodded. I lowered my hands and the table slammed onto the ground, making me chuckle a little in realization.

"I am glad that serum worked out," he said, walking backwards slowly so he thought I wouldn't notice, "You just keep exploring your abilities-"

"Not so fast," I said, going dark again, "If I don't see my brother again today, I will kill the next person who comes in tomorrow. That is a promise. You got it?"

"Funny," Strucker said, "Your brother said the same thing. Except for he would be arrogant enough to go through with it." He left and when I ran to the door, he slammed it shut. With a sharp exhale, I walked back to the table and sat on it, crossing my arms not because I was angry, but because the cell was freezing cold. I heard a voice next to me.

"He really wants to see you, too." I looked around the room, and the young girl laughed, walking through the door. "My name's March. I'm here to help you."

A/N: if you haven't already noticed, the Madness chapters are the HYDRA backstory of the twins. To keep from confusion, I put all of it in italics. Thanks.