Splitsides Part 3

Crystal's POV

"Medusa, now I've told you three times. I love Pietro, and now that he's going to be the father of your niece or nephew, you can't do anything about it."

"Of course I can," she said with a frown. "I can banish him from Attilan, maybe send him to another galaxy."

"Funny, he said you'd try and do that," I said, snorting. "What more can I ask of you? What will it take for you to accept my Pietro?"

"I'm afraid I've made my decision. He is not to know about the child, and you are to leave his life forever. Make sure he leaves Attilan forever and never returns, and raise the child here on your own."

"Medusa-"

"It's not that difficult to raise a child, I raised you!"

"I was only nine years younger than you, it couldn't have been that difficult! You always praise yourself for how well you raised me. Guess what? You suck at parenting! So just get out of my life, okay? I'll live it the way I want to. Pietro," I called, "Get the hell in here." As Medusa stormed out of the home, my boyfriend came around the corner after a minute and I sighed. "Let's go home," I said.

"...This is where we've lived, Crystal, what are you-"

"Your home. One Earth. You miss your sister and friends, you entire family...I know it kills you to be split between me and them. You don't have to chose anymore, take me with you."

"...You are sure, love?" I nodded.

"I love you. I love you so much. Please, this is the only way it works out for everyone." I kissed his forehead and grabbed his hand, leading him out the door. "Let's go. He should be back ferom his walk by now-"

"Who are you talking about?" Pietro asked.

"Lockjaw. That's how we'll get off Attilan, he can open a portal for us to any place you can think of, just name it." We ran through halls, doors, past guards and through rooms of busy Inhumans who watched us storming past with curious eyes. Finally, my "puppy" came into view and we knelt down next to him, scratching behind his ears and praising him.

"Hey, buddy," Pietro said, "Take Crystal and I home. To the Bartons'. Get us far away from here, okay, buddy?" I hugged him around the neck and let go as I saw the portal form out of the corner of my eyes. I knew that this may be my last time in Attilan.With a final glance, I muttered,

"Bye, Puppy. I'll miss you. Take care of Black Bolt and my Sister the Queen, and Liza and the other servants." Pietro took my hand and we flung ourselves into the portal, not knowing the future ahead for certain.

Wanda's POV

I stood out by a 7-eleven gas station waiting for Natasha to pick me up and drive me to the Barton's. I can't believe Clint's on this mission. i can't worry about him when I'm already worrying about Pietro. It's a bit overwhelming. I'm sure that the kids and Laura won't take this very well. I sighed, looking at the passing cars and waiting for my ride.

In the shadows, I could see and hear the minds of a group of kids from Sokovia. I could tell by their thoughts that they were orphanage runaways...boy, does that bring back memories. Their eyes turned to me from across the street, staring deeply at me. I walked towards them.

"I will not hurt you," I said, "Do you know who I am?"

"You're an Avenger," one boy said with a shudder, "You are the one who has magic."

"That's right," I said gently. "Don't worry, I heard your thoughts. You aren't bad kids. You're only lost and alone. Do not worry, I wouldn't send you back to the orphanage."