Madness Part III

Pietro's POV

7:02
Breathe in, breathe out. Struggle against the binds. Remember to breathe. Look up whenever the door opens, and don't be afraid of the creaking ceiling. Ignore the cold. Don't bother to sleep. Don't bother to blink. Just get out.

Priorities became simpler for me, I thought, a lot easier this way.

It's been five days since I came here. Since I've seen my sister...

The first day she and I were in neighboring cells. We could hear each other, but not see each other. Not that we would think to do that anyways, we were both frightened and overwhelmed that first day. I remember not being able to control the speed or conceal it. I was unable to breathe, it seemed, and my heart beat so fast it reminded me of a bomb. The very same bomb that killed my parents and almost me and Wanda, as if the slightest movement would tick it off and suddenly, the end. Maybe that was why I was so afraid of not being able to move without ramming into a wall.

The second day, I was moved into an operation room, and they continued the experiment further. They have me something to strengthen my lungs and heart permanently, so breathing would not be a problem, and so my heart could keep up with my speed. I slept a lot after that, and it was the last time I've slept since.

On the third day, I woke up and felt nothing but anger. A man came in to speak to me, but I didn't want to listen. Later Strucker came, and I nearly broke his neck of frustration when he didn't answer when I asked about Wanda. He claimed I had to learn to control the power or I would never see my sister. I said I would, but they only tied me up anyways. They know me better than I thought; words are just words, and so are promises. That's one of the things my father told my sister and I to remember always.

I've been bound to this table sleepless for two days. Two days, the same amount of time Wanda and I waited and hid in fear from the bomb. Like then, I was trapped because of the fear a bomb would to off, but instead of threatening our lives, it was threatening my chances of seeing Wanda anytime soon. People say to get over the past, but getting over something would mean I would have to forget being my father's carpenting apprentice in the days Wanda and I were children. I would never let go, not for a moment. That version of Sokovia cannot be lost forever to me, not one single second spent.

I sighed and stared at the ceiling with tired eyes some more. Inhale, exhale, and don't fight your binds, I reminded myself, You aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Later
10:56

The door opened, and red eyes met with my blue eyes. They had changed, but they were the same. The same that had looked me in the eye so many times, in fear and in happy times. Childhood memories and present moments, confusion and fear.

"Pietro," she said, relief filling me to see her. Exhale, I reminded myself, and I obliged.

"Wanda," I muttered, and she ran up to the bed I was bound to. She went to untie me, but the man who came with interrupted her.

"I wouldn't do that," he said, holding up a gun to her. She whimpered a little.

"Untie him, he is in pain," she said, tears in her eyes. "We will not run off. You can make sure of that, but please let me set him free-"

"No, I mean, I wouldn't touch the cuffs," he said, walking over to her side, "They're electric."

"What? Does it hurt you?" She asked me, worried, and I laughed a little.

"Nothing I cannot shake off."

"You don't have any room to shake it off, not when you're tied down..." As the man worked on disabling the handcuffs, Wanda's hand reached out to my temple and rest there. I watched with surprise as I felt her reach into my mind and pull out memories. She stepped back with a small gasp. "Pietro-"

"Do not worry about me so much, Wanda, I am fine. A little claustrophobic, is all." I grunted in pain as the handcuffs hurt me with a sharp shock. "Okay, what the hell-"

"I'm working on it," the man grumbled, continuing to fiddle with the device and another jolt went through me. This time, he winced as well.

"Careful," Wanda said in a quivery voice, and a flood of relief came over me. I moved my hand over to hers and squeezed it tightly, sitting upright as the man started tearing away at the metal rods, rope, and handcuffs. I wrapped my arms tight around Wanda, resting my chin in her shoulder.

"It is great to see you again," I said, and her fingers tangled in my hair. She always did this.

I know I do. I do it because it annoys you.

I looked around, but nobody had said anything. What the hell...?

We came here for a reason, Pietro, remember? To get powers. It seems you have superspeed. I have chaos magic...I suppose you will be seeing more of it eventually.

Cold relief, different from the relief of pain from before, flooded through my veins from my heart like a broken dam. Powers. We really have powers.

That we do. Again, we joined HYDRA for a reason...It is wonderful to see you again.

"Umm...you guys still here?" March's voice snapped us back into reality. "Geez, you've just been sitting there, for a long time. You two okay?"

"Thank you, March," Wanda said, tears in her eyes. "Thank you." She wrapped her arms around me. "Are you sure you're alright?"

"I'm fine," I said with a laugh, "It is you I am worried about, my sister."

"And I you," she said, and I pried her arms off of me.

"I am fine," I repeated with a small smile.

"Well, this is all wonderful," March said simply. "You're both fine. Great. Now, let's get you the hell out of here-"

"March, we want to be here. We are together now, and so now our lives can continue. Maybe....just maybe....our lives could have been made for HYDRA-"

"No," March said with a frown. "You have to leave. Don't you realize that now that you can see the future, you can start it? Away from the past? This may be your last chance to run-"

"I have superhuman speed," I reminded her, "We can run at any time."

"I'm just saying that...take this chance. If it's what you want, even just a little, take the chance and run off. It's what you'll wish you did-what I wish I did. Don't make my same mistake." We looked each other. For a brief second I caught glimpse of the man; his eyes were watering and he was standing differently than earlier. He was standing...like a man. Not a Soldier. Suddenly, he took off. Dashed out the door and didn't turn back. I watched in awe and confusion as he disappeared unnoticed by everyone except for me.

"Pietro," Wanda said, "...I think we should stay...for a while." I looked away from the door and heard a man ask "where is he?" and with a chuckle, I replied.

"Yes, Wanda. We should stay for a while. I think it will be...." I shrugged. "Interesting."

A/N: I am so sorry I didn't update!!! If you're reading this, I'm back from my vaycay and I'm ready to take more requests and publish at least once a week.