Pietro the Hulkbuster Part 1

Requested by demidionne
Natasha's POV

"...you're sure you can go on a mission after all you just went through?" I asked Bruce, who was sitting in a chair and reading at the kitchen table. He looked up at me from under his glasses.

"I'm fine, Natasha. Just dandy. Couldn't be better." I rolled my eyes at him fondly and he shifted uncomfortably. This made me frown.

"Then why aren't you letting me in?" I asked quietly. He looked at me and sighed, moved his bookmark, and closed his book.

"Natasha, it's not that. This isn't about us. It's that I'm not sure if this control serum will work very well."

"I thought you just said you were fine to go on a mission."

"I said I was fine." Bruce sighed and ran a hand through his dark hair. "This whole serum thing? How can I be trusted on a mission to stop an Atlantean?"

"Attuma shouldn't be difficult to beat," I said.

"He's Attuma. You read the files, didn't you?"

"You are the Hulk, aren't you?" I smiled a little at him. "Hey, listen. If you aren't ready to go on this mission, nobody is forcing you to. It's just that, I've missed you. And this is the perfect chance for you to redeem yourself; to prove to the world that you can control the Hulk."

"What if I can't control it! Again, the serum has never been tested-"

"There will be backup," I interrupted.

"What, Veronica?"

"No, the twins." Bruce groaned.

"You've got to be kidding me. You actually think they're going to help at all? Must I remind you of last year when she got in to my mind and made me go berserk?" He said "she" in absolute disgust.

"I do think they'll help. There's a lot you don't know about the Maximoffs," I reminded him cooly. "So, you gonna help us or you gonna sit around and mope while you can be redeeming the Hulk a true, controlled hero?" Bruce sighed and raked his fingers through his hair again.

"Fine," he said, and I smiled and nudged him with my elbow playfully.

"It'll be fun. I promise." The Maximoff twins appeared out of nowhere.

"Are we ready to go?" Pietro asked. "I have never killed Atlantean before." His eyes met Bruce's. "Dr Banner," he said, recognizing his presence.

"Pietro," Bruce replied with a nod. But he didn't look in Wanda's direction, and she didn't acknowledge him.

"Yeah, we're all set."

"So...who is Attuma?" Wanda asked.

"He's an Atlantean who thinks he was born to rule Atlantis. Instead, a land-lover named Namor is king, and he's come to shore to attack for unknown reasons. Our job is to stop him and get answers, not to kill him. Sorry, Silver, it's just not happening. Not today."

"But he will have backup, won't he?" Bruce asked, "He can't be invading the shore all on his own."

"That is correct. The only trouble is, we don't know what to expect, and how many people he has backing him up in this fight. I guess we'll just have to find out."

"Alright then," Pietro said, "Let's go kill-I mean stop-an Atlantean."

A/N: hey guys! I updated again. Sorry it's been so long, I've been working insanely on the Epic Series. (My other books that aren't fanfictions.) so this will take up a few chapters, the way Deathstone did. By the way, the Deathstone storyline, although I said it was over, it's not. Deathstone wasn't stopped in her chapters, so I promise she'll return with revenge (hehehehhee) but for now, enjoy this mini plot! Thank you for reading!

Keep up the commenting, requesting, voting, and following me to keep up with my several fanfictions and stories. Thanks again!