Chapter Thirteen

"Remford wants a proper launch party, so we need to think of an official name." 

Melanie bites her lip. "I have no idea. You know we postponed this over and over again because we couldn't come up with anything we were 100% with." 

I give a nod, sighing in agreement. "I know. But there's no way we can postpone it again now. We've got our cover photo, we've got our website, spaces for meetings that'll be introduced at the party. We need the name badly. Actually, more urgent than anything else." 

She nods. "I know, I know. So far we've stuck with our name's first letters. How can we play with that a little?" 

"MB? BM? But what would it stand for? We don't anything in our name that connotes to straight up 'bullying' or something along those lines, that's not our focus." 

"You're right." She chews on her lip, flips back her hair. "NG? GN?" She suggets. "Can we make that work?"

"Can we think of individual words for all four letters maybe? Like, motivational stuff? Pretty stereotypical but it might be our best shot right now. Oh, why did I insist on us coming up with this instead of Remford's marketing team?" 

Melanie laughs. "We can do it! How about growth for G? I feel like I've grown..." 

"I like that, okay..." I lick my lips. "Go basic with motivation for M?" 

"Alright" she smirks. "New? Because it's ... it offers something new?" 

"The name will be the worst part of our project but sure. How about bloom? Bright? Better?" 

"Now we're talking" she smirks. She thinks for a moment. "How about MGNB? Motivation, growth, new, better? It only sounds like a jingle if you say it like one." 

"You're sure?" 

"Are you?" 

"You just named our organisation, Melanie." 

On the way home, I call Mr. remford to tell him about the choice of name. To my surprise, he doesn't hate it, and if he thinks it will sell, I'm content with that because that only means we will reach more people to help. He gives me the details for the event and I forward them to Oli so he can make time as well. As we're speaking, Mr. Remford throws around terms like celebrity guest and red carpet and it leaves me with no idea of what to expect. 

Oli notes the details and asks me if I want to hang out, so I tell him to pick me up at our apartment so I can do some shopping before and eat with Daley before leaving again. Being as straightforward as he first appeared as well, Oli has told me that he thinks I'm interesting, that he wants to get to know me better, wants to know all about putting together an anti-bullying campaign with a teenager in my lunch break. And I'd be lying if I said I don't think he's interesting, it's like there's something in his brain that filters information and expression differently to most people I know. 

There's a knock on the door, I told him before to reunite with Daley, maybe ask him if he wants to come along. 

"Long time, no see, man!" Daley greets him as soon as he's stepped inside. 

"Greetings." Oli smiles, they shake hands like old pals. 

"Let me clean up real quick and I'll be ready to go" I announce, beginning to stack the dishes in the dishwasher and sink. "Daley, are you coming?" 

"What's the plan?" 

"I am making your room mate go to this gallery that one of my mates has." 

"You're not making me do anything!" I laugh. "I'm genuinely interested." 

"Me too, it sounds cool. Sure you don't mind?" Daley asks. 

Oli and I both give a quick nod. "I'd suggest ... trousers though" I remark, nodding downward and Daley pulls a stupid face before retreating to his room. 

"He hasn't changed" Oli grinned. 

We make it to the gallery and there's free champagne which I can't say no to. As the other two seem to have  a lot of catching up to do, I make my way through the little exhibition by myself, admiring a few things here and there as I follow somewhat behind them. Right as I'm taking the last sip from my glass, my phone vibrates. 

"Nicholls?" 

"Miss Nicholls?" Remford asks. "How do you feel about going for dinner tomorrow night to discuss the details of the launch?" The tone in his voice is formal and as Daley and Oli turn around, I realise I must have looked confused, both of them equally as puzzled. 

"Remford" I mouth silently, before realising the man is waiting for my response. "You don't have to do that, I can just come by your office, save you the trouble." 

"It wouldn't be any trouble." 

"Are you sure, Mr. Remford?" 

"Please, call me Mason." 

I laugh. "Alright. Are you sure, Mason?" 

He laughs too. So does Oli. "Yes, I'm sure. I look forward to it. I'll pick you up then, alright?" 

"Whaaat was that about?" Oli sings as soon as I've hung up the phone and confirmed the plans. 

"Remford might have just asked me out on a date. Me." 

"Bev..." Daley sighs, rolling his eyes. 

"I just thought he was shallow, okay? There's got to be a catch." 

"Didn't you say he's like ... super hot?" 

"Yes, he is." 

"Then what are you frowning about?" Daley asks, shaking his head.

"I just don't see him digging all this..." I laugh, pointing down at myself. 

At this point, Daley knows I'm being realistic rather than paranoid and he nods. "Bev, just go with it." 

"Yeah, baby girl, go with the flow" Oli grins, patting my shoulder, then running his fingers through his hair and before I can respond, his gaze wanders from me to Daley, his eyebrows raised. "Bro, are you wearing make-up?" He asks. 

Daley takes a step away and stares back at Oli. "Yeah?" 

Oli holds up his hands in exaggerated self-defense. "I was just wondering" he laughs. 

Daley raises his eyebrows, brushing his hair back with his fingers. "Alright..." 

"He also does my make-up when I need to look fancy" I tell him, smiling.

 "So I should probably do it tomorrow night, huh?" Daley counters, wiggling his eyebrows.

 I turn and walk away from my room mate, hearing his laughter behind me. "Beverly, come back here."

I turn around and stick my tongue out at him. 

Oli jogs after me and catches up, dragging Daley after him. "How about you end this little brother and sister feud and we go for some dinner?" He suggests, well-aware neither Daley or I can pass on food.