Epilogue

Three Years Later

"Lachlan, honey come on. Hurry! The sun is going to rise before we even leave," Vikk joked lightly to me. I laughed, waving my hand to brush him off. I walked over to the beautiful boy standing there and pressed a gentle kiss to his bronzed cheek. He smiled and we walked out the door. I took a look around, examining every detail. This was it. We were leaving this place we called home for so long.

Our quiet laughter bounced around the walls as we made our way through the winding corridors. It was dark when we exited, the sun not quite up yet. We stood there at the gates, looking at the large castle. Our hands found our way to each other. He brought my hand to his face and kissed it.

This was it. The last time I would be here. The last time I would admire the beautiful architecture. The last time I would look at the well-kept garden. The last time my eyes would see this incredible place where I spent my days with the one and only Prince Vikram Barn.

I don't know what the future would bring, but whatever it was I would be ready for it with determination and strength. With Vikk, I felt unstoppable. He helped me turn a small and scared boy into a courageous and strong man. The prince has impacted my life so immensely and no matter how long I lived, I would never forget him.

We walked away from the home hand and hand, arms swinging slightly. This was it. We were off to start something else in an unfamiliar city with new opportunities.

The sun was beginning to rise and a smile played on my face. We didn't speak a word to each other, the silence saying enough. It felt magical. The breeze made the yellow and red leaves dance before us. I was walking with the man I loved, starting a new adventure. Just the two of us. There was no turning back.

This was it.