Four

All doubts of Vikk actually being a prince vanished as I was dragged through the gates of the tall castle-like building. It was huge. My heart was racing and I just wanted to leave. It was a trap and I would never see daylight again. I looked up to the sky and cherished the beauty of it. I didn't want to die.

The prince put his hand on my shoulder and shook it lightly.

"Excuse me? Are you okay?" His voice was smooth and was laced with care. I looked to the ground. Maybe I was over reacting a little bit. I nodded and followed him through a door and then through hallways, making turns every so often. To me, it seemed like a maze. I would never be able to find my way out.

The panic resurfaced and I could feel myself shaking. The prince finally stopped in a fairly large sized room. I looked around, noticing nothing special about the room. It had a bed and a small shelf. Next to no decor, but it was nicer than anything I've stayed at since I left my house all those years ago.

"This is your room," Vikk smiled and pointed to a door across the hall. "That's the bathroom for this hallway. Everyone on this floor work for the family."

I decided now that I was okay with the prince. He was gentle and soft, sort of like a teddy bear.

His smooth voice came again, "Excuse me? Are you going to stay quiet this whole time?" He had a lopsided grin on his face. Very soon it was replaced with a panicked look. "Oh my, can you not speak? I'm so sorry- I am terribly so-"

"I can talk," I cut him off, laughing a little on the inside. His features relaxed and his face turned a light shade of red.

"Right, okay," he nodded to himself mostly. "There's a bell outside your door. Ring if you need something. Dinner will be brought to your room soon."

I nodded and watched him turn and walk out the door. I glanced around. What was I going to do until dinner?

I decided on going to the bathroom and washing my face. It was so nice to have clean, running water. I put my mouth under the tap and gulped down the refreshing drink. I sighed happily to myself and exited the small room. I walked forward and looked down the hallway. It was long and narrow, softly curving to the right. Keeping my hand on the wall, I explored further. I soon gave up though, all of it was just stone bricks and dark doors. It all looked the same.

Sighing again, I went back to my room and waited until dinner came.