Two

Anna and I become close pals over the days after we met. She made it safer to be on a streets and in return I'd find us food and places to stay. I thought it was a pretty okay deal. Maybe Anna did too because she stayed close by my side.

Today, I decided that the two of us needed a good wash. So that's how we ended up at the small creek running outside of the big town. I stripped my clothes off and slowly waded into the cold water. I smiled as Anna jumped into the water and hopped around, barking happily. I even laughed when I lost my balance and fell into the water. I hadn't had this much fun in years.

After a long while of splashing around, I stepped out and went to work scrubbing the dirt from my blonde hair and pale body. I lied back in the grass and let myself dry. The sun was on it's way back down to the horizon and I was content.

I was humming a nameless tune when I noticed two men watching me. One was a smaller boy, around the age 19 I guess, with darker skin and dark hair. He was beautiful. I stared in awe for a moment before I started to panic. They were just sitting there on their tall horses, keeping a constant watch on me. I whistled to Anna and got to my feet, throwing on my clothes at a quick speed.

I wasn't quick enough to get away though. The two men approached me and I couldn't run because they had the advantage, being on horses after all. Soon, they stood before me. I looked up nervously. Why hadn't I noticed them before?

"What..." I swallowed hard, "What do you want with me?"

The dark-haired boy said a few words quietly to the tall man with him. I couldn't make out a single word spoken.

It was the taller of the two who spoke.

"We've been watching you since you left Holmes Keep and Prince Vikk has requested to have you work for him. Call it... A job offering."

I let his words sink in. A job offering, a job offering. Why the hell would he want me?

"I refuse," was my response. I was doing fine on the streets. I don't need a so-called prince getting involved with my life. I didn't need a job, especially with how my life is going. I'm technically a criminal. They'll keep me locked up. It's a trap, I concluded.

"You may not decline."

____________
that's this chapter!!
sorry it's short :(((
thanks for reading !