Twelve

be prepared for a fluffy and hopefully cute chapter !
__________

I woke up before the prince. I panicked when I felt arms wrapped around me, but once I saw it was him I relaxed immediately. He was asleep, his face looked peaceful and his breathing was coming out in even breathes. Watching him was comforting. Listening to him was comforting. Being held by him was comforting.

I thought about what we had talked about before sleeping. I frowned, wishing it didn't happen. I wished none of that ever happened. I shifted, sitting up. Vikk's arms fell to my waist instead of my neck. I was a little sore from laying in one position for so long. Vikk groaned softly and held me tighter. I blushed lightly. My heart was racing and I couldn't figure out why.

Vikk lifted his head a few minutes later.

"Lachlan?" His sleepy voice was deep and, surprisingly, cute.

I decided to be bold. I leaned forward and kissed his forehead, pulling back quickly. I felt my face heat up. He smiled wide and let go of my waist, sitting up next to me.

"Good morning," I mumbled shyly.

"Lachy, it's dark out. Probably not morning," He laughed lightly. I looked out the small window on the wall, laughing along once I saw that, yes, it was indeed nighttime.

"Listen Lachlan about earlier-"

"Vikk, it's fine-"

"Lachlan."

His hand reached up to my face and rested on my cheek.

"You're so strong," he murmured. "Strong, brave, wonderful..."

I tilted my head, not knowing where this is going.

"Lachy, everything you've been through is so awful and yet you're not bitter. You don't hate everything. I admire you."

I face was hot and red. I could feel it. I thanked him softly. He waved it off, leaning forward. My eyes widened. Was he going to kiss me? As he got closer, I closed my eyes like him. And when he pressed his lips to mine, my only thought was: this is bliss.

__________
such a short chapter omg
they finally kissed!

i've been playing factions on treasure wars lately. my faction name is Mouse and you should totally play with me :))))