Fourteen

Waking up this time, there was no warmth beside me nor was there any arms wrapped tightly around my waist. I blinked quickly, letting my eyes adjust to the sudden brightness the sun brought through the small window. I whined at the cold air and sat up. The wake up bell was still ringing.

Today is not going to be different. I'm going to go out and do what I usually do. One day with the prince isn't going to change that. I sighed, changing into another pair of canvas pants and shirt. I knew I was too attached to Vikk. Getting too attached meant getting too heartbroken when he leaves me. Him leaving me was inevitable. I was an awful human being and was probably the most annoying person Vikk knew. And yet my heart refused to stop beating quickly every time he's mentioned.

I ate the usual meal and did my usual sweeping with no interruptions. I didn't talk to Jerome. He moved floors. His family was in dept to the family which is why he started working there, but he was well trusted and liked. Now he's with Mitch and I miss him. I miss flicking water at him during showers. I miss his complaining about the stables and, even if it was annoying to listen to, I missed his constant chatter about the brunette he moved floors to be with.

Maybe today I was just overthinking everything. It didn't feel like it though. I just felt like I was being honest with myself.

I hummed to myself quietly as I made my way back to my room after all my tasks were completed. My feet were tired and I was really exhausted. But not the kind that could be fixed with sleep. Did that even make sense? I shook my head and shook it again when I realized I was having a conversation in my head. What is with me? 

I got to my room and nearly jumped when I saw the beautiful prince waiting on my bed with a dish of soup in his delicate hands. He smiled and held the food out to me.

"Hello Lachy, I want to talk to you," He smiled again, wider this time. My pulse was racing. Was he going to tell me he finally got tired of me?

"O-Okay," I took my dinner from him and sat down. I lost my appetite.

"My parents, the king and queen, were asking me about finding a girl. As in, someone to marry," every word that cane out of his mouth then made my heart drop a bit more. How could I ever think he ever took interest in me? A guy no less! He probably thinks I'm disgusting.

His hand was on my knee now. I took my chances and glanced at his face. That stupidly handsome smile was still on his face. I wanted to kiss it off, but I knew it was inappropriate.

"I don't want a girl, Lachlan. I..." He trailed off. His face was red.

"I want you. I'm-" he paused, taking a deep breath. I waited in anticipation.

"I'm in love with you," He whispered.

I bit my lip and looked into his dark eyes. My heart was beating fast and my head felt dizzy.

"But you're royalty," I whispered.

________
LOOK LOOK HE SAID IT
IT HAPPENED
IM GONNA FAINT
THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT
I <3 U ALL