Chapter 24: Give Me A Chance

Stefan's POV
I walk into her room and I sigh of relief when I see she is completely healed. She notices me and starts to become frightened and I hold my hands up and say "hey, you don't have to be afraid." 

She starts to lower her guard a little and I go sit next to her on her hospital bed. I say "I know, you probably have a million questions for me. So, ask away." She looks at me and starts to lay down on her right side facing me. 

Gia says "I want to know everything. Starting from the beginning." I say "okay, I will tell you." She says "okay!" And I say "it all started in 1864."

Caroline's POV
I didn't sleep a wink last night. I was thinking about Klaus and how he and Hayley have a daughter together. I get interrupted out of my thoughts when I see Klaus waking up next to me. 

He opens his eyes and smiles when he sees me and I smile back at him. He moves closer to me and kisses my shoulder and wraps his arm around me and snuggles into my neck and kisses it. 

I say "good morning!" And he says "good morning, love!" I smile more and I start to get lost in deep thought. When will I get to meet, Hope? I keep asking myself. 

I think I must have been lost in thought for a long time because Klaus asks, concerned "sweetheart, what's wrong? What are you thinking about? You've been staring off into space for 5 minutes." 

I just blurt out without thinking "when will I get to meet her?" He looks at me shocked. I know he knows I'm talking about Hope. He asks "well, when do you want to meet her?" 

I ask "how about tomorrow?" And he says "perfect! Tomorrow it is." He kisses my forehead and says "I really want you to meet her. I love you, Caroline!" I smile at him and say "I love you, too!" 

I kiss him and he kisses me back. We pull away and laugh and cuddle up together. I just hope tomorrow goes well. I mean, what could possibly go bad. Right?

Stefan's POV
I told her everything about my ripper days - about Katherine - how I became the way I did - about the originals - the witches and hybrids. She looks shocked and terrified. 

I say "please Gia, just give me a chance. Don't be afraid of me, I would never hurt you. I'm the reason you didn't die. My vampire blood healed you completely, I couldn't let you die. I love you, Giavanni!" She looks at me just shocked. 

Her terrified expression is now gone. She says, finally getting over the shock "Stefan, I know NOW you don't mean me harm. I mean, if you wanted to hurt me, you would have been done so already. There was plenty of opportunities for you to do so. But, I just need time. A lot of time. This is a lot to take in. I just need space." 

I nod my head in understanding, trying to hold back tears. I say "yeah, I understand. So, when are they letting you out of here?" She says "in two days." I nod my head and say "I'll see you later, Gia." She nods her head smiling at me and I get up and kiss her forehead. 

I walk out and to my motorcycle and drive home. When I walk into my home, I see Gabby and Kol making out on the couch and I show a disgusted face expression and clear my throat, trying to let them know I'm in the room. 

I see Gabby pull away from Kol and get off of him and say a little embarrassed "hey, um- I thought you left." I say "I did. Six hours ago." She says "oh. Well, where did you go?" I say "to see Giavanni. Dr. Simpson called me at 5am. She's awake." 

She says, concerned "oh my God. Is she okay?" I say "yeah, she just needs space. She needs time to take all this in." She says "yeah, of course." I see Kol signal for me to get out and I roll my eyes at him. 

I say "I'm going to just head upstairs and lay down." I walk out fast and Gabby yells "okay, well if you need anything let me know!" I yell back "I will!" I go upstairs and I fall down on my bed and close my eyes. I'm not asleep, I'm just resting. 

Twenty minutes later, I hear the front door open downstairs and I hear Damon yell "GET YOUR PAWS OFF MY SISTER YOU FREAK!" I laugh silently. I guess Damon walked in on Gabby and Kol's make out session. I stop laughing after a while and I just relax. A while later, I fall asleep.

11:30 pm

Giavanni's POV
I can't sleep at all. I just can't believe the guy I love is a vampire. This is just insane and impossible, but he would never lie to me. I mean, he said he was going to tell me eventually when I was ready. Sigh. I just need time. He understands that this is so much to take in. 

I get pulled out of my thoughts when I see someone- a woman, walk in and I ask "who are you?" She says "I want to send a warning to the people that I am going up against." I ask confused "what?" And she says, irritated "look, I'm not explaining anything to you. I'm going to make this quick." 

I ask still confused "make what quick?" She says "you know, one thing your boyfriend forgot to tell you, was what happens when you die with vampire blood in your system." I start to get scared when she pulls out a needle with some liquid in it. 

I ask, becoming terrified "what happens? And what is that?" She says "this needle is filled with some witches herbs." I open my eyes wide. Oh my God. She's a witch. The ones Stefan told me about. 

I try to press my button for help but she grabs my arm and holds me down and she stabs the needle in me and says "I got to warn you, the herbs in the needle is poisonous and deadly." 

I start to cry and try to get out of her grip, but she's too strong and she pushes the liquid out of the needle and into me. I start to feel pain everywhere and I scream in pain and my vision starts to become blurry. 

In my blurry vision, I see the woman smirk evilly at me and walk out. I try to stay awake but my eyelids feel heavy. Before I let the darkness take over, I hear my machines beep.