Chapter 20: Impossible

Elijah's POV
I am sitting on the couch reading while Jacque, Davina, Hayley, Jackson, Camille, and Freya are watching a silly movie. They couldn't stop laughing. It's called "the duff". I find it silly, not at all funny. 

Just then, I hear the door slam open. We all stand up and we see the one and only, Caroline Forbes. She looks like she's been crying and she looks angry. Davina, Jackson, and Freya are about to attack, but I say "no stop, it's Caroline. Niklaus' Caroline." 

I turn back to Caroline and ask "Ms. Forbes? What are you doing here?" And she asks "is it true?" And I ask, confused "I don't know what you mean?" Did he tell her about Hope? I thought he was waiting for tomorrow to tell her. She says, irritated and frustrated "you know exactly what I'm talking about. Klaus' daughter! Does he have one with Hayley? Is it true?" 

I widen my eyes and gape at her in shock. I say "Ms. Forbes, please, calm down." She says "Elijah, I promise you, I mean no harm to her. I just want to know, is it true?!" I look at her and nod my head. She looks like she is about to breakdown and cry. 

She asks, sad "when was he or any of you going to tell me?!" I say feeling sorry for her "Niklaus said he was going to tell you tomorrow over dinner. He didn't want to risk ruining your prom." 

Caroline asks "yeah? Well, it's a little late for that." I look at her feeling sorry and I turn around to face the others, they feel bad for her as well, except Camille. She looks like she is enjoying this and I just ignore her. 

I say "Caroline-" but she speeds out before I can finish. I just stand there, looking at the spot she was just standing in. I turn back and face the others still shocked. They look shocked too, while Cami looks shocked and happy. I'm just gonna ignore her. 

I turn back around and see Niklaus running through the door looking sad, angry, and worried. He asks "was Caroline here?" I nod my head and he mumbles angrily "damn it!" He continues "did you see which way she went?" We shake our heads. 

Freya asks "Niklaus, what happened? I thought you were going to tell her tomorrow." Niklaus yells with hurt in his voice "I WAS, BUT THEN THAT STUPID TYLER LOCKWOOD TOLD HER TONIGHT! HE TOLD HER EVERYTHING AND NOW SHE KNOWS AND HATES ME!" 

I narrow my eyes and gape at that, shocked yet angry about all this. My anger is towards that Lockwood boy. He did all of this out of jealousy. How pathetic and childish. I get out of my thoughts and look towards Niklaus and I see him look the way I have never seen him look in a thousand years-- heartbroken. 

I look towards Hayley, who has Hope in her arms and she is bouncing her on her hip. I look back at my brother, who still looks heartbroken. He sits down on the chair, barely moving. I see Cami walk up to him and put her hand on his shoulder and he touches her hand accepting her comfort. 

She smiles at him and he smiles back. When he looks away I notice her smirk. I roll my eyes at her. This is obviously her way of trying to get close to Niklaus. I look back at my brother and notice him go back to being heartbroken. My poor brother. I must help him fix this.

Giavanni's POV
Oh my God! Did I seriously just see what I think I saw. I never believed in such things. Vampires. Werewolves. None of them. I scream "WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE?!" I see Stefan come near me, but I back away. 

He says "Gia please, let me explain." I say "yeah, please do. Because regular people don't have yellow eyes or veins popping out from under their eyes, and they don't have super speed. Now answer me! What are you people?!" That last part I said very demanding. 

Stefan says "okay. Are you sure you want to know? Because if we tell you this, your life will change. Are you prepared for that?" I ask very determined "what are you?" And Elena says "me, Stefan, Damon, Kol, Rebekah, Caroline, Enzo, and Marcel are vampires..." 

I look at her shocked, yet a little frightened "Klaus and Gabby are hybrids. Half vampire, half werewolf. Jeremy and Alaric are hunters, Tyler is a werewolf. Kai, Bonnie, Liv, and Jo are witches. Matt and Sarah are humans." 

I'm standing there paralyzed in fear. All this. Witches? Vampires? Werewolves? Hunters? Hybrids? I never believed until now. I turn around and run as fast as I can. 

When I look back, I see them all gone and when I look in front of me, I see all of them. Okay, now I am freaking out! I shout "OH MY GOD! How did you do that?!" 

Before Stefan could say anything, I say "you know what? I don't want to know how, I just want to leave." I run into the street, scared out of my mind, trying to get over to the other sidewalk. 

I hear Gabby yell "GIAVANNI, LOOK OUT!" Next thing I know, I hear honking and I see a flash of light and I feel pain in my ribs and legs and before everything goes black I hear someone yell my name.

Caroline's POV
I can't believe this! He had a daughter and didn't tell me! And worst of all, with that bitch, Hayley. Ugh! Out of all the girls he decides to get pregnant, it had to be her! Ugh! 

I look around and I notice I am in the middle of nowhere. I just had to get out of there. I look around, looking for anything to tell me where I am. I see I am outside of Mystic Falls. 

I walk to Whitmore, feeling like crying my eyes out again. I finally stop denying my feelings for Klaus and I already regret it. How could he not tell me he has a daughter? Like, that is a big thing to keep from me

Something else in me is saying he was going to tell you after your prom because he didn't want to ruin it. I push that thought out. He still should have told me. And worst of all, I had to hear it from Tyler. God! Wait until I get my hands on that dog

I see Whitmore just ahead and I vamp speed there. As I am about to walk in, I hear a familiar voice say "Caroline, wait." Of course, it has to be the last person I want to see. I turn around, slowly and murderously. I say through my teeth, ready to attack this person "Hayley!"