Chapter 9: What Are You Doing Here?!

Gia's POV
Seeing Stefan looking at me like this, I start to feel worse. I knew I was going to lose him, just like I've lost many others. It broke my heart into a billion pieces. He walks over to me and crouches down, and I just continue crying uncontrollably.

I beg him "Stefan, you have to leave! You can't see me like this. I'm hideous! I'm pathetic!" I start to cry even more than before. God, I'm so pathetic! I hear Stefan say "No Gia! I am not and will not leave you. I told you I am going to help you with your bulimia problem and that is what I am going to do."

I widen my eyes and gape in shock. I gulp "But, I-" he interrupts me in a firm tone "No buts. I am here for you and I am going to help you. I will not leave you and let you hurt yourself like this. I will not, Gia!" I look into his eyes and I see he means everything he says. He cares about me. He really does care for me, like no other person has— besides my family.

I smile at him and he smiles back at me. Unexpectedly, he pulls me into a hug and immediately hug him back. I'm still crying a little as I say "Stefan, thank you. I am so sorry." Stefan kisses the side of my head "Shhh. You have nothing to be sorry about. I will help you through this. You are not going to be alone anymore." I look into his eyes and smile.

I sniff and wipe away my tears as I say, solemnly "Stefan, you are an amazing boyfriend and best friend!" He smiles at me "Right back atcha, beautiful!" I hug him again. I pull away and hold his hand "Okay, I'm gonna get cleaned up, then I will see you back in the gym."

He looks at me like I have two heads. I giggle and ask in confusion "What?" And he answers "I am not leaving you by yourself again." I look at him and smile a little "Okay. I will be a minute." He nods his head smiling, then we get up off the floor and walk out of the stall.

Stefan pulls me to him, wrapping his arm around me, and my head is under his chin. I rest against his chest for a minute, placing my arms behind my back so I won't get any of my blood on him; I'm just relaxing and listening to the soothing sound of his heartbeat. I have finally found myself a wonderful man I can rely on.

Stefan's POV
After we relax for a minute, I let her go so she can clean up. While she is cleaning herself up, I am cleaning up the stall. She tries to talk me out of it, saying how I don't need to, that she will do it. I ignore her and do it anyway, but of course the blood makes me show my vampire face. I send it away when I am finished cleaning up.

She informs me "I'm ready. Do I look at least a little better?" I turn around to her and see her back to her beautiful-sweet-smiling self. I nod my head "You look beautiful!" She smiles and walks over to me and kisses me. She wraps her arms around my waist and I wrap my arm around her neck and we walk out.

I stop us "Wait! Here! Take my jacket to cover up the scratches." She gasps in realization "Oh right, yeah!" I give her my jacket and she puts it on. She says "Thank you so much, Stefan; you know, for being here for me." I smile and say "Anytime Gia." She smiles and gives me a quick kiss, then we walk back to the gym.

Caroline's POV
I hope Giavanni is alright. Damn those two ignorant girls. Who do they think they are? I see Giavanni and Stefan walk in. All us girls, except Elena, run over to her and push Stefan out of the way and hug her and ask her if she's okay.

She giggles and answer "Don't worry girls, I am okay!" We smile and look at Stefan, who is pissed off at us for pushing him. He asks, rhetorically "Don't I at least get an apology for being knocked over?"

We all say, sincerely "Sorry!" He shakes his head and gives in "It's okay, you're forgiven. So, don't we have some prom shopping to go do, ladies and gentlemen?" We all agree "Yes!" But, of course, I say it more excited.