Chapter 18: All Ready To Go

Gabriella's POV
I am so mad at Caroline right now, but it was going to come out eventually tonight. So, I guess it's okay if they know now. I see Caroline mouth to me "sorry!" I nod my head and Bonnie says "please explain. Why Kol?" 

I say "Kol makes me happy. I know all you guys see him as is a bad guy, but I don't. He is not as bad as you all make him out to be. He's a good guy and he is good to me. So, I don't care if none of you approve, I love him!" They all look at me shocked except Caroline who is looking at me smiling, like she's proud of me. 

Elena says "Gabs, if you think he's a good guy, that's okay. We believe you." I ask "really?" They all say together "really!" I couldn't help but smile at them and we group hug. 

Jo says "wait. How long have you two been together?" We pull away and the girls look at me attentively wanting to know as well. I say "a year and two months." They look at me shocked, but shake it off because I guess they understand how my brothers would react. 

Elena says "okay, we're all ready to go. Let's go do our makeup now." We nod our heads in agreement. We hear a British feminine voice ask "can I come along?" I smile to myself, recognizing that voice. 

We all turn around and see Rebekah Mikaelson. I look towards Elena who looks a little tense. But, she shakes it off and smiles and says "sure." Rebekah smiles back at her and we all link arms and head out the door, going to do our makeup. 

I really hope Damon and Stefan will accept me and Kol. Even if they don't, I'm never going to leave Kol. He makes me happy. He makes me feel like I'm the most beautiful girl in the world and I'm not leaving him, no matter what anyone thinks. I look at the clock and it's 4:30pm. It's almost time.

Damon's POV
I can't believe I let Elena talk me into going to this thing, but I guess it will be fun. Oh, who am I kidding, there's no guessing about it. Caroline worked her ass off for this prom, it will be fun

I get pulled out of my thoughts with Stefan asking "alright guys, almost ready?" And we say "yes!" We are getting ready for the prom. We have our tuxedoes on and we are now putting on our ties. 

When we're done, we are going to pick up our girls. I hear a knock at the door and I go and answer it. I see a light skin guy and he's also in a tux.I say "hi. Who are you?" And he asks "is Kol and Klaus here?" I yell out "Klaus?! Kol?!" 

They come out and see him and Kol says "Marcellus. What are you doing here?" I look back at apparently Marcellus and he says "Rebekah wanted me to come meet you guys here. And it's Marcel now for Christ sake." 

I laugh a little and I say "I like you. I'm Damon." I hold out my hand and he shakes it and says "hmm, likewise. Now, are we ready to go? I just got a text from Rebekah, everyone's ready." 

I say "yeah just-" I stop, realizing he just mentioned Rebekah and I say "wait a minute. Rebekah is coming too? And she's with the girls?" And Marcel says "yep. They just got done doing each other's make up." 

I look at him shocked and he says, amused by my reaction "I know about Rebekah and this Elena's past. They let bygones be bygones." I look at him like 'oh okay'. Everyone comes out and says "let's go!" 

We head out and I check the time. It's 5:30pm. I see Marcel, Kol, and Klaus get into the limo to go pick up their dates. Stefan and I get into the limo to go get our dates. I see the others get into their limos and take off and we do the same. Tonight should be fun.

Stefan's POV
We just drove off and are now on our way to pick up the girls. Seventeen minutes later, we get there and I get a text from Ric, Tyler, Kai, Enzo, and Matt. They are already there. 

I tell Damon and he says "alright. Tell them we will be there soon. We're already here." I say "okay." I text them that and when we get there, we get out and see Gia and Elena waiting. 

Elena looks pretty, but Gia looks beautiful. She walks to me smiling while Elena walks to Damon— who is also speechless. I say "wow!" She smiles at me. I say "okay, um, le- let's go shall we." 

We all nod our heads in agreement and Elena and Damon and get in. I say before we get into the limo "you look beautiful!" And she says, smiling "and you look absolutely handsome." I smile at her. 

We get in and thirteen minutes later, we show up at the dance. We get out and go inside. I have Giavanni by my side and I say "this should be a night to remember." 

She smiles at me then gets a little nervous and mumbles "you have no idea." I narrow my eyes at her in confusion. Why would she say it like that? Damon and I notice Elena looking a little nervous too. We look at each other like 'what the hell is going on?'

Kol's POV
Nik and I got into to our limo and drove off. Fifteen minutes later, we get to the Salvatore beach house and we see the girls come out. I can't take my eyes off of Gabriella. I see her wink at me and smile and I smile back at her and we get out. 

Klaus goes to Caroline, Marcel goes to Rebekah, and I go to Gabriella. I kiss her and she kisses me back and I say "you look absolutely beautiful." sse blushes and says "thank you." I say "you are absolutely welcome." I kiss her nose and we smile at each other. 

I hear Rebekah say "okay lovebirds, let's go." I say "let's go!" We get into the limo and Gabriella snuggles closer to me. I see Caroline and Rebekah do the same thing with Nik and Marcel. 

Eighteen minutes later, we get there and everyone gets out and goes inside except me and Gabriella. When we decide to get out, we see everyone is already here and I ask "are you sure you wanna do this, darling?" 

She takes my hands into hers and kisses me passionately and then pulls away and says "I absolutely do. We have been together a year and two months. No more keeping us a secret. I love you!" I say "I love you, too!" We kiss again and I pull away and say "okay, let's go." We hold hands again and we walk into the dance and all of their eyes are on us.