Chapter 50: Don't worry

Deanna's P.O.V

The next morning I was woken up by knocking at my door. Groaning I walked over to the door and pulled it open while rubbing my eyes like a tired young child. Crystal stood in front of me, dressed in her clothes from yesterday that were now clean. A small smile was sat on her lips.

"Morning." I mumbled, yawned in the process.

"Good morning." She greeted happily. "I was told to wake you."

"Who told you that?" I asked, walking into my room and waving her inside. She went quite for a moment while I rummaged through my wardrobe.

"Mr Stark." She finally replied. "He said something about you and Beth had to make breakfast after what happened last night."

"Last night- oh." I chuckled slightly as I walked into my attached bathroom to change.

"What happened last night after I went to bed?" Crystal called.

"My and Beth might have embedded a couple of table knifes into the ceiling by accident." I replied. "Anyway how did you sleep?"

"Good thank you." Crystal replied as I left the bathroom completely dressed. Smiling I looked over to the clock hanging on my wall and blinked. 7:30am.

"Why are we up so early?" I asked. "Why is Tony up this early?!"

"I don't think Mr Stark slept much last night." The blonde replied as we left my room. "But as for why I'm up so early. I have school soon."

"Oh. What are you studying?" I was genuinely interested.

"I'm studying to be a lawyer." She replied proudly.

"That's great!" I exclaimed happily. "Well we should get breakfast done then so you aren't late."

"Took your time." Beth grumbled as we entered the kitchen.

"Well I'm here now." I waved off.

"Girls." Crystal called softly, five minuets later. "I'm not sure how to get to my school from here, I've never been to this part of New York."

"Don't worry about it." Tony replied as he walked into the room with everyone but Natasha and Clint following. "After breakfast I'll get Happy to drop you off. All you'll have to do is tell him what school you're at."

"I don't want to be a bother." Crystal protested.

"It's fine sweetheart." Pepper said kindly.

"The only thing you have to worry about is what car you want to go in." Tony chuckled. Rolling my eyes I lay everything out on the table with Beth.

"Don't worry." I assured. Crystal looked at me slightly startled. "You'll be fine, Happy's really nice."

"It's not that." Crystal replied.

"If you're worried about what happened last night don't be." Steve said. "We're going to catch whoever tried to kidnap you."

"Here." I said, sliding a piece of paper over to Crystal. "It's all our phone numbers. If you ever need anything or in trouble get in touch with one of us."

"I don't want to be a bother!" She insisted again.

"You aren't being a bother." Bethany sighed. "We want to do this and keep you safe. In return leave us your address and school. We'll keep an eye on when we can."

"That's way you'll be safe while we track down who took you." Bruce said. Nodding in defeat Crystal slipped the paper in her pocket before standing up and making her way to the elevator. Before she got there she stopped and looked over her shoulder to us all.

"Thank you again." With a final wave she departed, most likely to go home before going to school. It was still quite early and she didn't have any shoes on still.