Chapter 32: Gifts

Deanna's P.O.V

"This better be worth it Stark." Steve said as we all stood outside, Sam now decked out in his Falcon attire. "We need to stop Adrienne and Loki before they plan something too big." Tony simply waved his hand as he and Bruce approached me and Beth. I raised an eyebrow while Beth narrowed her eyes slightly.

Suddenly Tony grabbed my right arm while Bruce grabbed Beth's right. Before we could question what was going on the pair produced two needles. Instantly Beth and I yanked our arms free and began to sprint to the end of the garden. However we didn't get far before Steve grabbed Beth and James caught me.

We both squealed slightly and squirmed but it was too late, Tony and Bruce had managed to inject us with whatever they had. "What was that for?" Bethany yelled as I elbowed James, forcing him to let me go.

"I promise you both this is for your benefit." Bruce replied calmly as I stalked towards the two scientists.

"It better be otherwise not even the Hulk will be able to deal with what will becoming his way." I growled as Steve released Beth as well. Nodding the doctor walked away as Sofia handed me a purple box and Beth a green. Frowning I exchanged looks with my friend before opening the lid.

A small black sphere shot out, purple mist surrounding it as it floated above me. "What the?" I mused, reaching out and barely skimming the surface of the sphere with my fingertips. The thing burst into life and zipped behind me, connecting itself to my back and making me gasp.

The exact thing happened to Bethany, expect her sphere was white with a dark green aura. We both stood their dumbfound and confused, now what? Before either of us could voice questions and confusion wings sprouted from both of our backs, making us jump.

Mine where black with dark purple detail while Beth's were white with green detail. We stared at each other for a moment before looking back at our own wings them towards everyone else who was smiling at us. "What-I don't understand." I murmured, reaching back and stroking the wings.

"They feel like real feathers." I mused.

"And they can break like real bones and hurt just as much." Bruce added.

"Does someone want to explain what's going on?" Bethany questioned. "Because you all seem to know."

"Man of Iron and Doctor Banner have granted you the ability to fly." Thor answered. "Like an Angel and a bird that Mocks." Instinctively we all rolled our eyes at Thor's interpretation of my code name.

"Is that what the injections were for?" I asked, rubbing my arm where the small spot was.

"Yes." Tony replied. "It helps the sphere that contain your wings to connect to your nerves system. This way when you have the wings on you can control them with your nerves like any other part of your body."

"That's why I'm here." Sam spoke up. "Although they work differently I can help you in flight, teach you tricks and how to land. Things like that."

"So we're going to learn to fly?" Bethany asked.

"Yeah, and lessons start now." Sam said.

"Damn, I though I had finished all lessons I could be taught." I grumbled with a grin.