Small mercies

I pulled different dresses out of the closet thinking which one would look best as Leon sorted out his chainmail and cloak .

I sighed and heard Leon chuckle . I held up a blue dress , examining it when I felt a strong kick in my belly .

"whoa , that was big " I said slightly breathless as I put my hand on my belly quickly rubbing it .

Leon glanced  over at me  as he pulled his loose linen top on to go underneath his chainmail .

I felt another kick , this time smaller and laughed lightly .

"what are you laughing about ?" Leon said smiling too .

I shook my head , I held up another dress, this time two kicks happened at once making me bend over slightly .

"Leon " I said as I dropped the dress and put both hands on the sides of my belly , he came over quickly and looked at me anxiously.

"what ? What's the matter what's wrong ?"

I put a hand over his mouth and stayed silent as kicks made my body move slightly .

I took his hand and placed it on the top of my belly where a big kick had just started .

"say hello to daddy you two " I whispered as Leon knelt down and stared at my small swollen belly with awe .

Leon stroked my belly withhis thumb and the kicking stopped , I groaned in relief . " you have to be there when I'm sleeping !" I said seriously as Leon took his hand away and the kicking started again.

"that's my kids " he said happily as he laid an ear against my belly listening to them .

I smiled as he gently placed his lips on the top of my belly as he stood up .

" I love you " he whispered as he kept one hand on my belly and the other brushed hair out of my face .

I leant in and kissed him " I love you too "

Merlin poked his head round the door embarrassedly and said " Kyra ? Gwen is looking for you "

I scrambled to grab my cloak and pulled it on quickly . I ran to Lady Gwen's room and knocked quickly , a voice bade me to enter hastily . I hurried in and found Gwen wringing her hands in panic as she laid  out 3 different dresses on the bed , I chuckled and picked up the red velvet one and pushed her behind the screen to get dressed .

she came out looking relieved and beautiful in the crushed red velvet dress , embroidered with gold stitching . I smiled at her and started folding her other clothes for her . "how do I look ?" Gwen asked nervously , I walked round her and nodded  approvingly .

" Beautiful m'lady "