Chapter 6

Lucy wakes up exactly thirty minutes before five O' clock. The walk to the judge's house takes thirty minutes, because it is quite far. She does not wake up Ben for he will insist on accompanying her to the train station- which is not her destination. She just writes him a letter saying good bye.

She grabs her bags- they mostly contain of her dresses and nothing else- then quietly exits their house. She thinks of hiring a carriage- just to be sure that she will not be late- but thinks better of it. She will just walk extra fast than waste money. Besides, she thinks that the judge would not leave without her- she's his secretary.

She arrives at the meeting place and sees Judge Turpin climbing up the carriage- she's just in time. She approaches the Beadle who is looking at her. Once she is on his side he grabs her bags and puts it on the back of the carriage- compartment. She murmurs her thank you and she climbs in. after a while the beadle comes back and sits next to her.

She sits in between Judge Turpin and Beadle Bamford. The judge tells the driver of the carriage that they can now go. The carriage starts moving and their journey begins.
____________________________________
Ben wakes up to an empty bed. He mentally kicks himself for not waking up early to accompany his wife at least until the train station. He stands up and notices a note at the top of the drawer beside their bed. He opens it and sees that it is from Lucy.

Ben,

I did not wake you up because I didn't want to bother you.

Don't worry about me, I'll be safe.

I will miss you so much.

Ben, please don't go out with your friends and drink yourself to death.

I love you! Take Care!

Lucy,

He is smiling while reading the note that his wife left him. He places it back to the drawer and heads to the bathroom to take a bath. 'This week would be dull without Lucy' he shakes his head then sighs.

He finishes taking a bath and now he is doing his daily routines. He does not cook breakfast because he will eat at Mrs. Lovett's. He is just finishing what he is doing before he goes downstairs.

While polishing one of his razors he thinks of what happens last night between him and Nellie. He doesn't know what he is thinking when he kisses her. It is actually a shame that she's the one who's thinking about Lucy instead of him.

Whenever he sees the baker there is something inside him that wants to kiss her- he doesn't know why. He thinks that maybe because she is beautiful and at the same time tempting. Or it is just because of her low cut dresses, her luscious lips, her beautiful eyes, her long lashes... everything about her. He blames it on his manly desires. 'It's just lust and nothing more'

He thinks that it's dangerous for him to be alone with Mrs. Lovett. Because, he might do things that he might soon regret. The perfect example would be that time when they lost control and gave into each other's desires. Not that he's not happy about being a father- he is; but sometimes he wishes that it did not happen and that his wife was the one bearing his first child. But, it has been done and Mrs. Lovett is the one who is carrying his child.

He is happy for his blossoming relationship with the baker. They are now more open and comfortable with each other. He thinks of her as his little sister but the thought of impregnating his little sister disgusts him. Best friend- it rather suits her perfectly on what he thinks of her. He wishes that Nellie thinks the same way.

He cast one last look at his razors- after seeing that they are clean, he goes downstairs.

He enters the bakeshop and finds Mrs. Lovett coming out of her kitchen carrying a tray. She notices him and gives him a smile while she places the tray at one of the tables. She takes a seat and motions for him to do the same- he sits across her.