Reunited

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

It took about ten minutes to get from my old house to my friend's house. Now, I had more than one friend, and I would definitely be going to see them all, but first I had to see my absolute best friend. Her name was Mackenna Smith and the two of us have been best friends since we were in kindergarten. She was honestly the most important person to me besides my family, and that's how it would continue to be. Her family was my family and my family was hers. We were basically sisters, but we were just living in different houses.

I honestly couldn't wait to see her though. I was nervous of course, but the more I thought about it the less of a reason I even had to be nervous in the first place.

Soon I felt Optimus come to a stop. I looked out the window to see that he was parked in front of Mackenna's house; he must have known where she lived from his short time watching over me a few months ago.

"Would you like me to go with you?" Optimus asked from the driver's seat. I only nodded in response and hopped out of his cabin.

The house looked much the same as it did when I last came here. The only difference was that the winter decorations had been taken down, and there was also two new cars sitting in the driveway. I had no clue whose they were, but my only guess was that they were hers and her parents'.

I pulled my hood over my head and began towards the house, Optimus following closely behind me. Normally I would have just walked inside their house, but after being away for so long it just felt so foreign. Even knocking on the door felt foreign, but I had no other choice. I didn't exactly have a phone to text her and tell her I was standing on her porch.

It felt like hours had passed before I heard the door being unlocked from the inside. The door creaked open and I was instantly met with the wonderful--yet confused--sound of my best friend's voice.

"Hi, can I help you?" she greeted. She was probably wondering why there was a grown man and a young, hooded girl standing on her porch.

I decided that now was a better time than ever to look up from the ground to look at Mackenna. She has changed entirely too much since I left; her blonde hair was even blonder, her blue eyes looked brighter, and overall she just looked grown.

Her eyes widened when she finally registered who was in front of her, and the next thing I knew there was a loud, happy scream causing me to wince in response. Mackenna attacked me in a tight hug and I laughed as I squeezed her back. Within the first two seconds of the hug she started sobbing and even squeezed me harder. I didn't know whether they were happy tears, sad tears, or both, but I was just glad to finally see my best friend again.

"Hey now, don't cry," I chuckled as I pulled away from her. She had her mouth covered with her hands, and I could tell she was trying to stop crying.

"O-oh my g-gosh. B-Brenna!" she exclaimed.

"The one and only!" I smirked. Now that I was back in her presence I could feel my old self starting to resurface, and I loved that more than anything.

"Gosh, come in! You and your friend both!" she squealed before dragging Optimus and I inside.

"So, you disappear for four months and then show up at my door step with a guy? Where in the living hell have you been?" she chastised me. She was teasing, of course.