Two Against One

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

There was no telling how long Optimus had been driving. I didn't think to look at the clock when we left the hotel earlier, but all that I knew was that it was dark now, and when we left the hotel it was pretty early in the morning. We had been on the road for quite some time now, our only stops being to let me use the restroom and to eat.

At the moment I was sitting in the passenger's seat munching on a bag of Flamin' Hot Cheetos and mindlessly closing and opening Optimus's vents with my finger. I was just that bored and I didn't know what to do about it. At least now I knew why I dreaded long trips.

"Brenna," Optimus's voice sounded.

"Huh?" I replied, shoving a Cheeto into my mouth and flicking the vent open and closed again.

"Would you mind with the vents? It feels rather peculiar," he chuckled from the driver's seat.

I pursed my lips and retracted my finger before looking at him.

"Sorry," I apologized, giving him a smile.

"No worries."

He turned right back to the road, and I honestly had no clue why when his alternate form was very much capable of transporting us without the holoform. It made me wonder.

"Hey, Optimus?"

"Hm?" he replied, still looking at the road.

"Why are you using your holoform when you don't need it?" I laughed.

He glanced at me, and even in the slight darkness I could see the smallest smile on his face.

"To make you more comfortable," he answered.

I couldn't help but smile at the fact that he was taking my feelings into consideration. I probably would feel a bit weird sitting in the passenger's seat of a truck without a driver. I mean, being around Optimus was comfortable as it was, but I was a lot more comfortable with his holoform, mostly because it looked like an actual human. I hadn't even thought about what I would actually do once I saw him and the rest of the Autobots in their actual forms.

"Well thank you for considering my feelings."

He didn't respond, but instead smiled.

I was soon lost to the scenery around me. There wasn't much to see except for darkness and what little part of the road Optimus's headlights and others vehicle's headlights lit up. I was becoming a bit antsy though. It wasn't that I didn't particularly mind long car rides, but I was anxious to meet the Autobots, and this ride was much longer than most of the others I've taken; all I wanted was to be done with it.

"Could you possibly tell me how long it will be until we get to the base?" I asked him.

"Approximately four hours. When we get there you'll be able to sleep comfortably," he answered.

"Your seats are comfortable though. I don't mind."

He chuckled. "Glad to hear that."

Neither of us spoke a word after that, but I didn't mind. The silence was comfortable, and Optimus's presence alone was comfortable. I was actually really glad I decided to hop into his cabin the other day. Had I not, I would probably still be running from the Decepticons and I would still be neck deep in my depression instead of waist deep as I was now. Did I mention that Optimus was also very good at making me feel better about this situation?

I wasn't sure how much time had passed though. It was most likely only a few minutes, but the time was the very least of my worries. What I was worried about was the very bad feeling seeping into my body. Something was very, very wrong.

"Something's wrong," I spoke.

Optimus glanced at me. "What do you mean, Brenna?"

I couldn't answer him. I was too focused on the growing feeling inside of me. The feeling from a few days ago had returned, only this time it was stronger, much stronger; almost as if the threat was directly behind us.

I shot around instantly. There was a single vehicle behind us, but I couldn't exactly make out what it was. All I knew is that this was where the bad feeling was coming from.

"Optimus, behind you."

Before I could even think, the sound of clicking and scraping of metal filled my eardrums. I felt a cool breeze and before I knew it I was landing roughly on the ground. I rolled a couple of times before coming to a stop, and focused my vision solely on the two large robots in front of me. The car--who I assumed to be a Decepticon--tackled Optimus to the ground and I gasped just at the sound of him hitting the pavement. I was kind of glad this wasn't a main road, otherwise we'd be screwed.

"Give us the girl, Prime," the bot growled as he delivered a swift punch to the Autobot leader's face.

"Not a chance," Optimus retorted. He quickly retaliated and pushed the bot off of him, only to be tackled again. I jumped back in surprise. Where the hell were all the Decepticons coming from?

"It's two against one, Prime. Surrender now, give us the girl," the new bot spoke up.

A low growl came from Optimus, and before I knew it a metal arm was flying towards me. On instinct I threw up my hand and swung it to the right, causing the mechanical limb to fly with it. I then realized that I could actually help Optimus. He was the one who told me I was the only human alive who could destroy them with just a wave of my hand. Plus, I was not going to leave Optimus to fight this on his own.

I got up and ran towards the three bots who were now wrestling each other on the ground. A pair of red eyes met my blue ones, and the next thing I knew a metal fist was slamming down in front of me. I squealed and fell to the ground.

"Brenna, get out of here," Optimus yelled to me as I got back up. He was tackled yet again by one of the Decepticons and I was only growing angrier.

"No, I am not leaving you!" I managed to maneuver myself through the bots, catching their attention. "It's me you want, right?"

They both growled and removed themselves from Optimus. Now that they were occupied, Optimus took this as his chance. He shoved his sword through one of the bots' chest, causing a loud explosion to erupt shortly after. The bot in front of me tore his focus away from me and landed it on Optimus. He took out his gun and made a move towards the Prime, but I was quick to react. I threw my hand up and the bot stopped almost immediately. With my other hand I removed the gun from his hold and it landed on the ground with a loud bang. With just a twitch of my hand the bot fell to the ground. He growled at me and attempted to get up, but I was too strong for him which was something I never thought I'd say in my life. I moved my other hand and aimed for his chest; there had to be some sort of life source in there or something. I continued closing my fist until I heard a distinct pop, and the next thing I knew the bot's red eyes were fading to nothing. Instead of simply letting him fall to the ground I swung my arm, and the bot flew to the field beside the road.

I sighed in relief and looked up at Optimus who was watching me with a rather bewildered expression on that mechanical face of his.

"Why would you risk your life to save me?" he asked, his deep baritone voice echoing throughout the air.

"Because you're risking yours to protect me. It's the least I could do," I smiled.

The next thing I knew he was transforming. Once his alternate form was visible, I ran over. The passenger's side door opened automatically, and I climbed into his cabin. He wasted no time after that in taking off down the road.

"Thank you, Brenna," his holoform spoke from the driver's seat.

"You're more than welcome, Optimus."