Meeting

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

At the moment, Optimus, a bunch of soldiers and I were sitting in a very large room. We were all waiting on Lennox to show up, and I was just growing impatient. I didn't even want to come to this thing in the first place; I wanted to go back to my room and take a nice, long nap. Training had wore me out, and if it weren't for the chicken strips I was scarfing down at the moment I would probably just fall asleep right here at the table. Optimus would be left to carry me back to my room, and then I would never know what Lennox had to say to me.

As I was eating I felt several of the soldiers staring at me, something that I absolutely despised, especially when I was eating. Back in school my friends did it just to piss me off. One time I got so mad at them for doing it that I actually punched one of them in the face. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a violent person unless I truly have to be, but being stared at is the one thing that can truly bring out my violence. Most people would think that was completely ridiculous for something as minor as that, but everyone had their peeves and that was mine.

"Can I help you?" I grumbled as I looked at the soldiers sitting around the table.

"You chew loudly," one of them said.

"And funny," Epps chuckled.

I gave him a very fake smile before twisting my hand in the air. His chair flipped over and he landed on the floor with a thud. I heard Epps grunt on the floor, and out of the corner of my eye I could see Optimus shaking his head. I went back to eating my chicken tenders, and in seconds Lennox was walking through the doors. He stopped when he saw Epps struggling to get off the floor, and looked around at all of his soldiers.

"What the hell happened?" he inquired.

"Breanna happened," Epps groaned as he got back into his chair.

Lennox turned to look at me and I gave him an innocent smile. "Hey."

He shook his head as if to brush off the situation and sat down in his chair at the end of the large table.

"So," Lennox started as he looked at me. "I'm sure you're wondering why I called you in here."

And in that moment I could've have sworn I was in some sort of strange SciFi movie.

"No, I'm wondering why I'm here eating chicken tenders instead of upstairs in my room sleeping," I retorted.

Several of the soldiers laughed, but I didn't find anything funny about it. I was serious. I wanted to go to sleep.

"Well, this isn't going to take long. I just need to ask you to do something for me," he replied.

What?

"You see, you're a pretty powerful human being from what we know, but what we don't know is the extent of your abilities," he continued.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Yeah, I know. What does that have to do with anything though?"

"Your dad is the only one who knows everything you're capable of, but he's not here to give us that information. He did, however, inform us of a file he had hidden somewhere in your house, but we don't know where exactly it is. We've searched for months, but there's been no luck," he answered.

"So, what do you want me to do about that?"

"We want you to go home and look for it for us. Let's be honest here, you definitely know your house better than we do."

My breath hitches in my throat. "You want me to g-go back home?"

The thought of going back home just made me sick to my stomach. The very last memory I had of that place was nothing remotely good, of course. Well, at least to me it wasn't. I mean, I didn't exactly think coming home to find your family dead was anything good.

"Yes, but it won't be for long. We just need you to see if you could find the hidden file. We need to help you control yourself so you don't hurt everyone around you," he told me.

He was definitely right about the fact that I needed help controlling my ability, but I still couldn't shake the fact that I was going to have to go back home. And of course I would definitely have to; my dad had a secret room in his office that nobody but my family knew about. We didn't know what he used it for, but at the moment I had a pretty good feeling what.

"Fine. I'll do it. But I want to see my friends. I've been gone for months and I need them to know that I'm okay," I replied.

"Deal. We leave tomorrow."

That got me thinking.

"Who is we?" I asked. I definitely was not going to ride down to North Carolina with some random soldier.

"Me, you, and Epps. A few of the other soldiers will follow behind just in case something happens," he answered.

That was definitely not happening. Epps and Lennox weren't random soldiers to me, but I just didn't know them that well. I knew they could be trusted, and I knew they could protect me, but no one could protect me better than Optimus could. He was the only person who I truly felt 100% safe with.

"No offense, but I don't know the two of you that well. And yes, you're trained military fighters and can protect me, but nobody can protect me better than Optimus can," I started as I glanced over at him. "I would just feel a lot safer and a lot more comfortable if I was able to go with him."

Lennox looked at Optimus. "Optimus?"

"I was ready to speak up until Brenna did. Making sure she stays safe is my main priority at the moment. I would love nothing more than to accompany her back home," Optimus finally spoke. I smiled at him and looked back at Lennox.

"It's settled then. We leave tomorrow morning."

Gosh, I hoped this went well.