Breakdown

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

At the moment I was standing in the lobby of a rather nice hotel; it was called Hotel Valencia Riverwalk. It had sort of a Japanese theme to it, but it was beautiful to say the least. After Optimus and I left the restaurant, he had asked me what I wanted to do for the night. In all honesty, I was more worried about him. I wasn't sure whether or not his kind slept or not, but I wanted to be generous, so I suggested we stop for the night. I was quite tired as well, so it worked out perfectly fine for me, and, well, the both of us, I guess.

Just like the dinner situation, Optimus refused to let me pay for the room. No matter how hard I tried, he still wouldn't budge. It left me to gaze in the background while Optimus chatted up the hotel manager guy. I just hoped we wouldn't be here long. From what I could hear of their conversation, the rooms here were almost $300 a night and I honestly did not want him to pay for three days worth of that.

"Bree," Optimus called, using my 'code name' so I wasn't recognized. I looked away from the hanging chandeliers and looked at him. He gestured me over to him and I happily strolled over.

"So, you got a room?" I asked as we began walking towards the elevator. He nodded and I pressed the elevator button. "You really don't need to pay for me, Optimus. I've spent three months providing for myself. I can assure you that it's okay," I told him as the two of us stepped onto the elevator.

He pressed the button to the sixth floor and looked at me. "I'm aware of the situation, but I can't let you continue. You need to save your money," he told me.

I just frowned and soon enough the elevator door reopened. I stepped onto the sixth floor, pulling my duffle bag back onto my shoulder. Optimus began walking towards the end of the hallway and I followed closely behind him. He soon approached one of the doors and stuck the key card in its slot before pushing the door open; for an alien robot, he seemed to be very intelligent in the field of human technology.

The hotel room was a nice size though. It consisted of two large queen-sized beds, just like any other normal hotel room had. The only difference was that this room was much nicer than the ones I had stayed in. It had a kitchen and a fairly large bathroom as well. I walked further into the room and sat my bag down beside the flat screen TV on top of the dresser.

"This is really nice," I stated.

Optimus chuckled. "I believe that's what I was going for."

I just smiled and unzipped my duffle bag. After taking out a pair of black sweats and a plain black t-shirt, I headed for the bathroom. Thankfully, I had taken a shower this morning before I left my motel. I was feeling exceptionally lazy at the moment and I was definitely not up for scrubbing myself for the next thirty minutes. Also, I still had things I needed to talk to Optimus about.

Once I was changed into my night clothes, I headed back out into the main room. Optimus was laying down on one of the beds flipping through the TV channels with a rather disgruntled look on his face. The sight almost made me want to laugh. He acted more human than alien, but I guess that had to do with the fact that he's spent the past few years surrounded by nothing but humans. He seemed to be well adapted to most of our humanly/American customs, one of which included frustratedly surfing through the TV channels while trying to find a program to watch.

I walked over to his bed and jumped on, sitting down in front of him and crossing my legs. He gave me a look before sitting the remote down on the small table that separated the two beds. "Is there something you need?" he asked me with a chuckle.