33). Backseat Serenade

*A/N* What do you ship, Thea and Jack or Thea and Zack?

"Fae." Thea sighed, touching her daughters hair. It was late and Thea still couldn't get to sleep, in fact she hadn't slept in weeks. To put it poetically, she was drowning in her own thoughts to the extent her mind couldn't rest. "You know you look so much like Zack." She murmured, leaning against the crib. It hurt her to admit that, as much as Thea tried hiding it Fae was still Zack's child.

"Really? I think she looks more like you." Jack's voice interrupts, giving her a fright.

"Jack don't scare me like that." She hissed, looking up at Jack who was leaning against the door frame with a loped sided smile.

"It's you're fault for being up so late." He replied, striding towards her. Jack's hair was messy and he wasn't wearing a shirt, he had only woken up for a late night snack only to get side tracked.

"Jack go back to bed." Thea complained, staring up at his tall frame, her brown eyes red and puffy still rimmed with tears.

"Thee, how long are you going to keep doing this? You need sleep." Jack cooed, this wasn't the first time he had found her crying at night.

"I can't." She croaked out, avoiding his gaze.

"C'mon Fae will be fine." Jack reassured, placing his hand on her shoulder.

"It's...It's not Fae I'm worried about. Jack I can't sleep, I can't sleep." She sobbed, before Jack wrapped his arms around her.

"Why can't you sleep?" He asked, resting his chin on the top her head and watching Fae.

"I...I see him, Zack, he won't stop being in my dreams. He's always there, Jack he won't go away." She rambled, causing Jack to hug her tighter.

"Thea why are you scared of Zack?" Jack questioned.

"He's always there to take Fae away from me." She croaked out.

"Zack wouldn't do that, Thea he wouldn't hurt you like that. He has a funny way of showing it but their will always be apart of him that loves you." He continued.

"What if I don't him to love me...?" Thea trailed off, looking up into Jack's dark brown eyes. "Jack, I just want to forget Zack."

"I can help you with that." He replied, wiping a tear away from underneath her eye.

"How..." She whispered but it got cut off by Jack's lips pressed against hers. At first Thea didn't kiss back but then she found herself forgetting Zack in the taste of Jack's lips. Then she found herself unraveling in his arms and forgetting all her worries.

Pulling away, Jack smiled before saying. "Do you think you can sleep now? Or do you need some company?"

***

Groaning, Thea nestled herself in Jack's chest, trying to block out the sound of Fae crying. "Hey sleepyhead, Fae's crying." Jack yawned, pulling the blankets away from her.

"Before sunrise, she's your daughter." Thea mumbled, pulling the blankets back over her body.

"You did not just quote lion king at me." Jack complained before adding. "Plus the sun is up."

"I see no sun."

"Okay, I'll go do it." Jack grumbled, getting up and leaving Thea cold and lacking his body heat. Mumbling a reply, Thea pulled the covers back over her head before going back to sleep.

"Fuck." Jack swore out loud as he walked into Julie standing in the hallway, holding Fae.

"Having fun in there?" She asked, causing Jack to let out a huge groan.