31). Sometimes You Shouldn't Close The Goddamn Door

*A/N* I've been in such a writing mood recently, so that's why I'm updating heaps,  sorry if it's  overwhelming.

"Thea don't do this." Jack warned, holding the giggling Fae in his arms.

"Jack, I can't just not tell him that he has a kid." Thea complains, crossing her arms and glaring at Jack.

"Its just that..." Jack stutters trying to find an excuse for her not to go.

"Jack, I don't know why you're against me going. Fae deserves to at least meet her biological Father." She argues, trying to get around the lanky figure in the doorway.

"Yeah but the last times I saw Zack he wasn't in good shape. I'm just hoping he doesn't hurt you." Jack admits, swinging Fae around. Thea thought about telling him off but she knew Jack would never hurt Fae.

"Jack, have you seen how many stitches and bruises I have, I'm not going to get hurt." Thea tells him, showing off her discolored arms.

"Yeah but they never found Avery and what if Zack's drunk. Fae can't live without a Mom or Dad." Jack blabbers on, making Thea smile.

"Jack don't worry, if anything happens to me you can be Fae's Mom." She continues, pushing her way around Jack and out the door. "Also if she get's hungry theirs bottles in the fridge." Thea calls out before disappearing out the door.

Ignoring the pain in her side, Thea got into Jack's car, smiling at the dumb Dora The Explorer key chain he had. She had only gotten out of the hospital today and Jack got worried over nothing. Sighing, Thea tapped her nails against the steering wheel as she thought. It had been ages since she had driven a car, but she still remembered it well. "Am I destined to be a soccer mom." Thea mumbled as she stopped at a red light near a park. The park reminded her of her own park, Persie's park, that it had been along time since she visited. There were so many things Thea had to do now she was back in the real world. Nigel would have missed her and she knew the man would love to meet Fae, since he always wanted his own kids. There was also Aria, Jack had mentioned her meaning that one of them broke it off. Still it wouldn't stop her from seeing her best friend again.

Smiling at Third Eye Blind on the radio, Thea hummed along feeling happy. Everything seemed brighter outside of the farmhouse, she starting enjoying the small things more. Pulling over on a suburban street, Thea checked her phone, well Jack's old phone. It had been buzzing messages from Jack for awhile now and she was getting curious.

Jack;

THEA OML U HAVE TO SEE WHAT I FOUND FAE.

Rolling her eyes, Thea checked all the other messages that Jack send. Most of them consisting on him getting overly excited that she manged to high five him back. There were a few that made her grin, like the tiny cape Jack had found her and he described in great detail. Shoving her phone back into the pockets of a pair of Jack's old jeans that fit her surprisingly well. Thea started driving again, making the mental note to go buy clothes later.

Finally reaching Zack's apartment complex, Thea locked Jack's car. Her stomach was erupting in anxious butterflies and the words to say to Zack didn't seem right. Holding her phone, Thea contemplated texting Jack for a motivation speech. Letting out a huge sigh, Thea started walking towards the apartments. Remembering the address Rian told her, she approached a blue door hesitating to knock.

Biting her lip, Thea tried making herself less nervous but nothing would work. Building up the nerve, she knocked on the door. Remembering how Rian said to keep knocking until Zack opened it, she kept knocking. "I'm coming, I'm coming." She heard a familiar voice groan from the other side of the door. If she wasn't so nervous, Thea would have laughed at what he was saying in a immature manner.