1). Remembering Sunday

This is my first ever story on wattpad. It takes a lot of effort to put this out there but I hope you enjoy

The song in the description; Remembering Sunday by All Time Low

______________

He was dying, not psychically but mentally. She had done this, broken his smile, cut him into pieces and made him hollow. Who would have known two little words could tear someone's life apart. The words were like poison in his veins, killing him from the inside out. They haunted his dreams making him wake up a crying mess, shaking, and alone. Some nights he would drink until he, no longer saw her face and no longer felt the pain. But not even alcohol could rid his mind of those two words.

"I'm sorry".

A loud knock broke Zack out of his daze. He lay broken, surrounded by a sea of bottles and trash that had built up over time. But that mess couldn't compare to him. He was unshaven, dirty, and looked like death itself was about to take him. Groaning he tried ignoring the door like he had countless times before. But the knocking didn't stop, each knock seemed to carve itself into his hung-over mind. Until the sound became unbearable, forcing him to get off the floor. Limping passed ripped up photos and broken furniture to the front door. Swinging the door open he was engulfed by familiar arms into a hug. That when Zack truly broke, sobbing holding on tightly to his friend. Once he would have been stronger than the arms that held him but now he was a frail mess. "Alex..." he croaked "w-hy are you here".

Pausing for a long time Alex held his former best friend tight. Thinking of the words to say but all he could muster out was. "I'm sorry". Zack's breathing hitched and messy sobs broke out. Those two words made him want to cut off his ears, so he'd never hear them again. That wouldn't work even if he was deaf, those words had carved a hole in his heart, a hole that would remain forever.

______________

Please don't kill me, all is explained later. It actually goes back into time to explain. Yep Zack gets in a time machine and goes back and stops this from happening, just kidding. Although a time machine would be cool. Also, the chapters do get longer as the book progresses