Chapter 9. [Harmony's P.O.V]

"And what's your current status with Harry at the moment?" Same question, just worded different each time... I was sick of explaining myself to everyone, if Harry and I were an item then surely he would've come to the awards show with me? To me right now, Harry was nothing more than what he had been a year previously... A ghost of my past... He'd made his choice, just like back then... 

"Just friends, and that's how its going to stay..." I tried to say sweetly smiling along with it. 

"Aww, that's disappointing..." The interviewer shook her head, "We were all ready for a Harmonarry romance..."

"There wasn't ever really a spark, he just came along to help me move on from TJ, and I helped Darcy explain her feelings to someone she can trust..."

"Is it true however that Darcy sometimes referred to you as 'Mummy'?" 

"I tried to tell her that I wasn't her mummy," I giggled, shaking my head slightly, "But she insisted that I was... That's one reason why Harry and I are having time apart, to avoid Darcy becoming anymore confused."

"Well like I said, we were all having our fingers crossed for Harmonarry to become official..." The interviewer laughed slightly, "But I guess as long as you're happy it's all fine right?"

"Exactly..." I said through the lump forming in my throat, "But i'm sorry to disappoint you guy's..."

"It's not disappointing, it's your life and don't let anyone force you to do something you don't want to..." She smiled as she moved on to the next celebrity who was stood behind me... 

"Yeah..." I mumbled to myself, taking in the moral behind what she said...

"OH MY GOD! IT'S HARRY STYLES!" I turned around, looking over my shoulder to see a teenage girl practically fainting as she squealed, her arm outstretched towards the beginning of the red carpet as the curly haired boy jumped out of the drivers seat of his car, throwing his keys over his shoulder to the valet... He hadn't changed, still in his stupid Rolling Stones tee-shirt. 

"Harmony over here..." I span my head back around, seeing a little girl standing as close to the barrier as she could, her father standing behind her, pushing her forward, "She's a huge fan..."

"Harmony!" I heard Harry shout, turning back around to see him trying to push past reporters and photographers... I looked back at the little girl, if I signed her autograph and stayed out here to talk to her for a bit then I would have to talk to Harry... I didn't want to talk to him, but I hate to disappoint fans... 

"I..." I muttered, looking at the girls big smile as she could see an idol... Someone she looked up to... What would I be teaching this girl if I walked away to avoid my own personal problems? "I'd be happy to sign that for you..." I smiled, walking towards the barrier, crouching down so I was eye-level with her, "And what's your name sweetie?"

"Rosalie," The girl replied shyly as she handed me her little notepad and pen. She couldn't have been much older than five herself... A lot like Darcy.

"That's a nice name," I smiled, as I took the pen cap off and began to write a message on the paper, "I use to have a friend in Cheshire called Rosalie, she use to own three horses and a stables... We'd go there in the holiday's and ride all day..."

"I like Horses..." The girl grinned. 'Dear Rosalie, never stop dreaming... One day you could be the star of the show if you put your mind to it =). Lot's of Love Harmony Monroe previously known as Lyric Bryans'.

"Me too..." I laughed, "Does your daddy have his camera for a picture?" 

"The barriers are too high for it to work properly seeing as she's so little..." He told me as I handed him the notepad while getting to my feet.

"Well that can be easily fixed..." I grinned, "Go get a coffee, I'll watch her for a few hours... She can come in the award's with me... I'm not going to an after party and have a spare ticket..."

"Are you sure?" He seemed really surprised, "I always thought celebrities were up their own arse's."

"Some are..." I giggled, "Pass her over the barrier..." He gently picked her up, telling her to be good as she was passed to me... I gently put her on the ground, grabbing her hand lightly in my own, "Say bye to your daddy..."

"Where should I pick her up from?"

"The reception of Claridge's, I'll stay with her don't worry..." We started to walk towards the entrance of the venue...

"Are you just ignoring me or...?" I turned around, Harry had caught up with me, "I've been shouting your name..."

"Why'd you come Harry? Like you said, we need to stop being seen in public?" I frowned, "Just go Harry, I don't want anything more to do with you." I turned back around, heading up the steps still clasping Rosalie's hand.

"I came because I love you!" He shouted, causing me to stop in my tracks... It was weird how everything fell silent at that moment... The camera flashes even stopped... Rosalie had let out a little gasp... 

I glanced over my shoulder, before letting my body turn to face him properly... He was now standing on the bottom of the step, eye scrunched together with his hands in the curly mass on his head... 

"You what?" I asked, dropping Rosalie's hand... He looked back up at me, locking eye's... His were looking as if he was pleading for me to not make him say it again.

"I've been in love with my best friend since I left Cheshire... I just never realised it until after our fight... That's why my marriage didn't work out, there was a key factor of it missing..." He explained, taking a step after each sentence, "Look at me, I chased her here to embarrass myself in front of every global newspaper and tabloid in the world... Just because I was scared i'd lose her..." He shrugged, "Everyone else kept telling me that I was in love with you... But I kept denying it... Until Darcy actually pointed it out... My Three year old daughter knew my emotions better than me..." He was finally level with me, "Now. I don't know what's going through your mind right now... But least I know that I came clean to you about everything, it's all down to you what happens next really isn't it?" 

I kept eye contact with him, it felt like I was seeing into his soul... I could see every word he had said was how he was genuinely feeling... I could see how much he actually did care, his eyes not having that normal cheeky glint... They had a warm loving look about them...

"I can't do this right now Harry..." The camera's were making me too self-conscious... All of them seemed to be pointed at us... "Go home..." I took hold of Rosalie's hand once again, turning around and heading in to the building...

"Harry...?" I called as I shut the front door, taking off my shoes... I hadn't won the award tonight... An after interview spokesperson had actually told me I would've won the award, if I hadn't of turned down Harry Styles at the front door of the event... I didn't care, an award is just an award... Lyric didn't win this one, but it doesn't mean Harmony couldn't win the next...

"Living room..." I heard him call out, I headed in there to see him sitting watching some movie, Darcy asleep on his lap, "Louis went an hour ago..."

"Oh right..." I sat down on the sofa next to him.

"You deserved the award..." He told me, a slight coldness in his voice.

"I didn't want it..." I replied, "I actually don't care..."

"Why? Would've thought this award meant a lot to you...?"

"No... I only went in because of the camera's and the little girl who was with me..." I told him, looking down at the rug, "If I had a choice, I would've gone home with you... Because the truth is Harry... I kinda love you too..." I could feel my cheeks blush... I'd said this hundreds of times in movies and tv shows... Even to TJ... But I'd never felt so strongly about it...

"Well then..." Harry smiled, "Can I get a kiss?" He winked... I just smiled, shaking my head slightly but still leaning across to kiss his warm, soft lips... The tingles, the fireworks, sparks... Everything... I didn't win the award, but I'd won the main prize tonight, I'd won Harry....