better

2 weeks later

My foot is healing well and my ribs were still sore. Though, all I was really concerned about was andrew. He still hasn't woken up. The doctor said there's a slim chance that he will. After everything that has happened to me, all the pain, and hurt, I feel Andrew's inability to talk takes a bigger toll on me. I learned that a drunk driver crashed into us. Luckily I had my seatbelt on but Andrew didn't. The driver has a few broken bones but nothing too serious. Anger built up inside of me with each day, knowing he could see and talk to his family.

"Riley" someone looked at me. "Riley couture," they turned to me. "I have a message from Andrew" a lady with long blond hair said. Her eyes seemed all black. "Wha-at he's in a coma" I said confused. "His spirit seems to be here even though his heart hasn't given out yet. He wants you to know that he loves you with all his heart and if anything happens, it's okay to move on" she told me, walking away.

Something in me says she's telling the truth, but I don't trust alot of people these days. I shook it of and went about my business. I picked up a fresh rose for Andrew, holding it. I walked back to the hospital and up to icu. Seeing Andrew hooked up to a million things, hurt. Especially the smell of hospitals, it smells like death and rotten applesauce.

I added another rose to his vase of flowers. I sat down by his side, holding his hand. "Don't let go of me Andrew" I ran a finger down his lips. I lightly pecked his lips, whispering a poem to him. I don't know what I would do without Andrew. Especially now that I'm pregnant.