8 - Prophecy

Chapter 8 - Prophecy

[Recap: Wendy, who was not so fond of Newt at first, now wants to 'fix' him when she finds out everything he's been through with Isabella. During this process, many problems occur such as Newt disliking her, but worse turns into horrible as Wendy finds out that before Isabella died, she had drawn pictures foretelling the future such as Wendy arriving and unknown scenes that neither girls remember before Wendy had even arrived]

-

I sat across from Newt, his face remaining neutral as I scan through Isabella's drawings that seemed to be foretelling the already-happened future. Every piece of artwork was drawn perfectly and in great detail, making me envy her ability to draw so well. But everything I felt was masked by the complete and utter confusion of how Isabella could draw these portraits if they happened after she died and how she could foretell the future if she didn't have her memories.

"This doesn't make sense." I tell the blonde, "How could she do this?"

Newt snorted and rolled his eyes, "As if I would know." he said harshly, but his voice cracked and I saw his face change into a look of pain for a split second, but it changed back just as quick to a frown.

"This is confusing," I huff, "did she tell you anything before-"

"No."

"Newt I'm trying to-"

"Well stop. You're annoying."

"Newt-"

"Stop."

"Just listen for one second-"

"Bella I said stop!" he screams at me.

His face was beat red and his veins were bulging from his neck and arms as he slammed his hands on the wooden table in pure rage. I watched as his expression dropped and he turned pale, his body slumping against the wood and his head hitting the table in defeat.

My heart shatters at the sight. The sight of this broken glader losing all hope at the sound of his deceased partner's name. I reach out to his hand, but as soon as my hand meets his, he flinches away.

"Newt..."

He called me Bella

"I'm here for you okay?" I tell him, pushing away all the drawings, "You might not like me-"

"I don't."

"-but I'm here for you. I don't care if you hate me or push me away or never look at me as a glader or a person, I don't care and I'll still be here for you."

Silence.

I clear my throat and stand up, "I'm gonna go wait for Minho. He should be back by now."

I make my way out of the room and out of the forest, making sure to not to scratch myself on any branches or pointy plants seeing as though Minho had a large cut on his arm from accidentally falling into a bush.

I wait by the west door for Minho, looking out for perfect dark colored hair that Minho somehow always tended to.

It took around fifteen minutes until the Asian boy came through the doors, looking like a sweaty mess as usual.

"You stink." I snort.

Minho rolls his eyes and wipes his arm before slapping the sweat he picked up on my neck.

I push him away and frantically wipe off his excess, "Gross Minho! You're such an asshole!"

He laughs and does it over and over again, smirking and grinning when I whine as a result.