34 - It's Not That Hard!

Chapter 34 - It's Not That Hard!

[Recap: Teresa wakes up from her short coma and has Wendy and Thomas explain to her where she is and every ounce of information she needs to know. After, they proceed to go check on Alby who apparently can be cured by a liquid from the sting he received by a Griever]

Newt guided Wendy to the Med-Jacks room, the place where Alby was now held in ever since Wendy had gotten better. Apparently, Minho and Jeff had to strap him down because of the effects of the sting: he was screaming, clawing at people, and even foaming at the mouth because he had gone a day without any sort of treatment, but that was going to change. A serum was sent up along with Teresa, who herself, claims that it could cure Alby. And they were about to see if it was true or not so when they reach the building, Newt and Wendy tumble in swiftly.

Thomas, Teresa, and Jeff were already inside, all heads turning towards them as Wendy closed the door behind the pair.

"What's this all about again?" Newt asked as he guided himself and Wendy next to Alby's bed.

"Teresa had these in her pocket." Thomas told him, holding up two small bottles of blue liquid. "We thought it could help Alby."

"We don't even know what this stuff is." Newt protested as he took the items in his free hand. "We don't know who sent it, it came up here with you," he said, pointing at Teresa. "and for all we know, this thing could kill him."

"He's already dying." Thomas pointed out. "Look at him. How could this possibly make it any worse?"

Wendy looked over at Alby to see the man pulsing and thrashing around underneath the straps that held him down. She tore away her gaze and looked over to see Newt looking sadly at the man too.

"Come on, it's worth a try."

Newt hesitated before sighing, "Alright. Do it." he said, but then thrusted the liquid into Thomas' hands.

Thomas grabs it and works around Newt before leaning over Alby, the needle part positioned over his neck. He looks up at Wendy for confirmation,  and she nods, so he mutters an 'okay' before looking down at Alby again, but the man grabs Thomas's shirt and hauls the boy down to him.

Newt goes to grab Thomas, and Wendy tries to bring him back too, but the grip Alby had on him was unbreakable.

"You shouldn't be here!" the stung leader yells. "It was you, it was always you—"

Now everyone was trying to push Alby down and break Thomas from his hold as Newt yelled, "Get the syringe!"

The meshed together voices and screams blended together as Wendy grabbed the cure from Thomas' hands and plunged it into Alby's chest.

They all breathe a sigh of relief as he lets go of Thomas and closes his eyes, the medicine taking over quickly. Wendy looks up to see Newt and Thomas sharing a look before both of their eyes met hers.

"It's not that hard." she mumbled as she swiped hair out of her face.

Jeff chuckled and breathed in, "Well that worked, I guess. Nice job."

Newt looks up at Wendy and Thomas to see scratch marks littering their arms, and Wendy could practically see the leader side of him kick in. "For now on, someone stays here and watches him all around the clock."