35 - He Gets The Girls

Chapter 35 - He Gets The Girls

[Recap: Teresa is finally awake and with the use of a sort of serum, they inject Alby with it in hopes of curing him before Wendy and Newt head off to bed.]

Wendy sliced bread next to Frypan after waking up an hour before. Her hair was tied back in a long braid, forbidding any loose strands from falling onto the kitchen counter. Along with that, she wore a bright smile, her freckles standing out more than usual against her bright pale skin. Newt admired all of the girl's features as he sat down in front of the working pair, a grin stretched across his face as they placed out food on trays.

"Why are you helping me again?" Frypan asked Wendy, and she looked up at him with a grin.

"Can't run the maze, can't bend down to garden, can't climb buildings and nail things, so why not help my favorite Glader cook and set food?" she retorted, and Newt furrowed his brows.

"I thought I was your favorite Glader." Newt pouted, and Wendy ruffles his blonde hair.

"We all know I am." Frypan told him, pointing a spatula at the leader. "I mean, I'm irresistible."

Wendy laughed and pushed hair behind her ear as she set out a plate of food which was immediately grabbed by another Glader. "He's irresistible, Newt." she mimicked after.

The three of them laughed as Wendy and Frypan set out the last few plates for the remaining Gladers before grabbing their own plates and going to sit at their usual table where Thomas, Teresa, Zart, Jeff, Winston, Chuck, Minho, and Dan sat, already digging into their food as well.

Newt and Wendy sat in the center of the table, their usual spot left empty for them as Frypan sat on the other end.

"This is great, Fry and Wendy." Jeff complimented, and the pair grinned.

"Thanks." they said in sync before they reached over and high fived each other.

Newt stared at Wendy with a grin as she retreated her left hand, which he himself took the opportunity to lace with his own. He saw multiple eyes flicker to the now intertwined hands, and Wendy blushed a deep red.

Winston quirked a brow before playfully slamming his hand on the table, making their eyes avert to his. "I'm just gonna say it because no other guy is: why does he always get the girls?"

The table broke out in laughter immediately, Newt and Wendy heaving in and out as loud and strangled laughs left everyone else's mouths as well. Teresa was practically dying and Frypan was doubled over in hysterics with Thomas. The entire table was laughing, but Minho of course barley cracked a smile.

"Okay, but seriously," Winston continued mid laugh, "is it the blonde hair or something?"

"Can't be," Jeff intruded, "Zart has blonde hair too."

"British accent!" Frypan called out, "It has to be the accent!"

Wendy shook her head and leaned into Newt, whom swung an arm around her shoulders. "Yeah," she replied sarcastically, "because I like the him so much because of his accent. That's the only reasons why."

"In that case, Teresa, you wanna go on a walk around the glade with me?" Frypan asked in a fake British accent, pulling a disturbing face as he held up his cup of water 'professionally.'

Teresa shook her head and blushed slightly, "Trust me, it's not the accents." she laughed, and Wendy saw her eyes flicker over to Thomas. After, the blue eyed girl looked over at Wendy and noticed that she saw, and Wendy simply winked at her.