Chapter 19

Ew school. I had a pounding headache when I woke up for school this morning and instantly tried to fake a sickness but my mom sighed and told me I had to go. The only thing that made me have a spark of hope about that day was the fact that gloomy gray clouds covered the sky. That meant it would rain and rain equals happiness so I would be okay.
I dressed in my favorite cream sweater and a pair of leggings. I wasn't the prettiest sight with my hair in a awful messy bun but I would be okay. I made my way downstairs and gulped down some food. Liana came down moments later. Her ombré hair was tied up into a sloppy ponytail and she wore leggings and a sweater said I'd rather not. She looked and me and smiled.

"We both look awful today." She smiled.
I laughed. "Aria better not look like a super model."
"I don't." Aria yawned. Aria's hair was pulled into a messy bun and she wore a pair of leggings as well. Instead of a seater she wore an oversized pullover and some uggs.
"What will you do toady?" I asked her.
Aria yawned again and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. "I'll probably take Bono for a walk but first I need coffee."

Here's the thing about us girls.
1. We were not morning people.
2. We all basically lived off coffee
3. Leggings were life.

~~flash forward~~

I sat down at lunch. The rain had been sprinkling here and there all day long. I had successfully made it throughout most of my day without getting that much attention. Sadly I had spoken too soon.

"Oh hey look it's sickness girl." Tommy Blanls laughed.
"Looks like she is real sick too." Greg Houdini laughed besides him.
"Please leave me alone." I whispered.
"Yeah leave her alone!" Growled a voice. Liana wrapped her arm around me.
"Don't think we will leave." Tommy snarled.
"Why would we leave." Greg laughed.
"Because I said too." Liana sneered angrily.

I sensed something was going to happen so I quickly texted Aria. I knew Lia could probably handle it herself it's just it was good to know she had our backs.

Ali: SOS
Ari <3: don't worry babe I gotcha

Seeing Aria's text sent relief through me. I hadn't been paying attention to the conversation in front of me but before I knew it I was on the ground with a bloody leg and Liana swung a punch at Tommy. It connected with his jaw and he fell back seething. Then I heard tires squeal against the around and Aria was lifting me into the back of her car as Liana screamed for us to hurry. We were driving quickly. Tommy and Greg had gotten in a car and followed us.

"Oh gods that's a lot of blood." Liana gasped looking at my leg.
"I can't believe I'm doing this." Aria sighed. She made a sharp right and I instantly recognized the street as the boys'.
"ARIA!" Liana cried.
"Lia she can't loose more blood. It's not deep so she won't need stitches we just need to cover it. Also text Amanda."

Liana nodded frantically as she typed away on her phone. Aria honked as we pulled up. She and Liana wrapped their arms around me and started to carry me towards the door. I heard Tommy and Greg slam their car doors.

"Go. I've got this." Aria said shoving us towards the front door.

Ashton opened the door in pure shock and ushered us inside.

"Where's Aria?" He asked.

Lia made a nodding motion towards the door and Ashton quickly dashed out. As he went out Amanda came in.

"Oh my gods!" Amanda shrieked. She instantly went into nurse mode and started to clean up my wounded leg.

Michael, Luke, and Calum had eventually made their way in and Ashton and Aria made their way in a few moments later. Luke started to protest but Aria glared at him and he instantly shut up.

"Guys id like to talk to my sister alone." Amanda said as she finished wrapping my leg.

Everyone nodded. Aria and Liana made their way to the back porch and the boys disappeared to who knows where.

"You okay?" Amanda asked.
"I'm okay." I breathed.
"You know you are hella lucky to have such great friends." Amanda smiled. She helped me down and we made our way to the window that looked at the back porch. Liana and Aria were laughing and dancing in the rain.
"I know. I would be lost without those crazy nuts." I laughed.
"I wish I had friends like that." Amanda sighed.
"Yeah and sometimes I wish I was you." I said. I continued on when she gave me a look of confusion. "I mean it's so easy for you to make friends and your popular and talented."
"Yeah but not all of my friends are true ones that I can trust with all my being." Amanda countered. She had a good point. With Ari and Lia I knew that they had my back no matter how crazy the plan or adventure or situation. They were always up to getting into trouble and they weren't afraid to stand up for what they believed in. They were both fearless and kind and Aria's puppy was probably the cutest thing I had ever seen in my entire 17 years of existence.
"Yeah but you can trust me." I told my twin after a minute of silence.
She smiled softly. "And you can totally trust me."

We were silent for a little more as we watched my dorky friends twirl and leap and dance in the rain. Aria's hair was almost a black color because it was wet and you could barely tell that Liana had an ombré. It didn't matter how their hair looked, though. All that mattered was the carefree, happy looks on their faces.

"I'm going to go. You good?" Amanda asked.
"Yeah." I replied. "I'm good."