Chapter 14

I ran down the hall. My hands full of photographs. I for some reason knew dropping them would be bad so I didn't. I completely avoided dropping the precious pictures. I put them all in a box and hid them under the stairs. I looked around and realized I was in Luke's house. Why was I here? Then I saw him.

"I'm sorry Ali." He whispered. "I try to act like I'm okay but I'm not."
"Luke." I whispered. A loud beeping noise filled the room.
"We don't have much time but trust me. If your confused go to Lia and Ari." Luke said.

I screamed his name but it was drowned out by the beeping.

I slowly opened my eyes. I was instantly met by a bright light. Squinting, I let my eyes focus. I was in a hospital bed. I started to panic when I hit something. I looked down to see Aria leaning her head on my bed, she was asleep.

"Aria." I croaked. I lightly touched her head and she stirred.
"Hi." She mumbled smiling sadly up at me.
"What happened?" I asked softly.
Aria sat up and stretched. "You passed out and we took you to the hospital. You're okay. The surgery went well."
"How long-"
"5 days."

5 DAYS! 5 days of my life have been lost. I touched my head and flinched when I felt the bandages. Then my mind wandered back to the dream.

"Have the boys been here?" I croaked.
"Only Ashton." She whispered. "He came in to check on us."
"Us?" I questioned.
"I- hospitals-" she stuttered.

I had totally forgotten she had a major fear of hospitals. Yet. Here she was being a supportive best friend. She had put her fear and pain aside to be with me.

"What about Lia?" I asked.
"She is getting you stuff from home." Aria yawned.

Even with dried tear stains on her cheeks and major bags under her eyes, Aria looked like a super model.

"Screw you." I muttered.
"Excuse me?" Aria asked in sudden confusion.
"You look like a model." I groaned.
"Thanks I try." Aria laughed. Her laugh put me at ease.
"I hate you." I snapped at her carefree behavior.
"I hate you too." Was all she said before she kissed my forehead and left the room.

I know this is the worst chapter in history. Anyway I will be updating (hopefully) more often over the two week break. Then I'll die cuz finals and then I'll try to come back to a steady schedule. Love y'all!!
--
Also do you want to know what makes me want to update more often? Comments and votes. Not trying to be rude but it does help <3
--
Also I kinda want to do some shout outs over the break cuz I'm in a festive mood. This one goes to Liscine becuz I just finished her story Our Tainted Hearts and freaking LOVED it. Yeah go read it.

Happy holidays, Karamelcandy