34. Maybe someday

I would have wanted to follow him immediately, do anything to relieve him, but I thought that, if I was in his shoes, I would want time on my own. Hence, I remained in my room, eating the delicious dinner Lukas had prepared for me. However, once I was done with it, there was still no sign of him, so I wobbled my way out, to look for him. The first place I went to was, obviously, his own room.

Much to my surprise, it was in perfect shape. The last time I stepped foot in here, there was nothing but mayhem. Clothes everywhere, every single device broken into pieces, most of his things destroyed, holes in the wall near the wardrobe.

Now it looked like it had never seen better days. When did he fix it? Weren't we supposed to play carpenters together? And more importantly, why did he lie about not being able to sleep in here?

"You can't blame me for being sneaky." Lukas' voice filled my ears from behind me as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"A lie is a lie." I grumbled, because I don't much appreciate being deceived, even if it's for an ultimately good reason such as his – considering the state of his bedroom is what brought him to sleeping in my bed, which, I can't deny it, was a pleasant feeling.

"It's a cute lie, though." He claimed, placing a small kiss on my neck.

"It broke our rules."

"Technically, it did not," he said, and I turned to face him, meeting his mischievous grin, "I mean, to be fair, I only got around fixing the mess while my Sleeping Beauty was knocked out by pain meds." He pecked my lips.

I arched an eyebrow at him. "Somehow, I don't believe that."

Lukas grinned, pulling me closer into him. "Well, I could apologize in my own personal way," his hands slid along my curves leisurely, to tell me what kind of apology he meant, "but it's not quite possible at the moment, is it?"

I kind of leaned into him, easily swayed. "It's a dislocated shoulder, not heart surgery." I joked.

Surprisingly, Lukas shook his head, albeit smiling gently. "I'm not taking any chances with your health."

"I'm fine," I half closed my eyes, already losing sight of everything else as I was engulfed in his intoxicating scent and touch.

"No, you're horny." Lukas teased, shutting me up with a quick kiss before I could argue.

"Well ... that, too." I pursed my lips, my butt rubbing against his lower side. "Someone did say he'd get me addicted ... I guess it worked." I cringed at myself, knowing that whenever I try to sound and look sexy and enticing, I probably look like an awkward seal trying to get back into the ocean.

And yet, Lukas emitted a low growl, then pressed his lips. "The next week is going to be pure Hell."

"Week?"

"Technically, weeks, plural. Doctor said they'll see if they can remove the sling in about 10 days."

I couldn't help but laugh. "I guess that in this particular case, you are allowed to-uh ... search somewhere else without breaking out exclusivity rule." I mentioned, pulling back to go sit on his bed, both because I didn't want to awaken my crazy hormones and because I felt a bit dizzy. I wonder if all this feeling weak is normal. "I mean, 10 days is nothing for someone that's resisted 10 months, but for you ..." I chuckled, "for you it's like eternity."

Lukas looked at me halfway between amused and confused. "You really think I cannot live without sex for more than 2 days, don't you?"

"After 2 days you were hungry like a wolf." I teased. "And yes, you spent 6 weeks in the woods, but that was ... forced abstinence, unless you wanted to become a furry." I laughed at my own lame joke, not sure whether it was because I really found it funny or because painkillers were messing with my head again.